Skinned Rig Configuration

I just have one question, how do I edit the Skinned rig to my liking? Such as the eye color, I want to change that but I don’t see anywhere on how to do it and I have searched but nothing and I know that it is possible because I seen in another game the eye colors were different on the Skinned rigs.

How do you also manipulate the eye closure using a server script because when I tried to tween it, it said the script lacked the capability of a plugin. Any work around?

Any answers at all? I really need to do both of these things

Bumping this as there’s been no responses; I really need an answer.

What rig are you using?
Bone manipulation should be done client-sided. Ideally use animations, you’ll have a needlessly hard time if you’re going to hardcoded the eye movements.

What texture do the eyes use? Surface appearance?
If yes, then wait a couple weeks, they’re releasing a ‘Color’ property for them.

Hacky solution would be to overlay a colored decal, or just use multiple colored textures.

1 Like

I’m using the Skinned Avatar rig; the one shown in Rig Builder.

I’m trying to edit the facial features (eye color, etc) but I don’t see anything to do that and also if you try to do it via script like manipulating eyes or anything it doesn’t work at all.

@apenzijncoolenleuk1 So do you know of any solution?

I don’t know what texture the eyes on the default rig use. Is it a regular texture? I think that should have a color property that you can adjust.

SurfaceAppearance will get a color property soon.

1 Like

I’m not sure of any texture for the eyes, I can check though. Not sure but I can see if it’s regular or not. I’ll check the color property thing as well.

Alright.

Yeah I think eye color is based on the SurfaceAppearance ColorMap.

Probably best to wait until they release the color property then, should be soon hopefully.

1 Like

Hm, any idea on how other people did it?

Use a texture. Those have the color property.

Where can I find some for the eyes?

Use the texture from the color property of the surface appearance.

1 Like

Yeah I see the rbxassetid but nothing else.