SkinnedMesh with Tool supports

Highly thanks to @willbobdie for giving me a code to track a hand

model was done today and i finally have a free time

7 Likes

Are you using a script to track the position of the hand or do you just have a part name RightHand welded/motor6d to your character?
If you use a script than you can get a much more realistic outcome like this:

1 Like

i clearly have it rigged to HumanoidRootPart but by the way how do i make it stick to itā€™s hand? not the part

Part0 - HumanoidRootPart
Part1 - RightHand

also Iā€™m currently using a script that you gave me which it only tracks to make a sword working but i donā€™t know how to make it sticked to skinned meshā€™s hand

make sure that in your script the ā€œboneā€ is the bone that you want it to track for example this is the script this is a snippet from the exact script that I used for the video:

local bone = boneparent:FindFirstChild("RightHand", true)
local mesh = Character:FindFirstChild("Lola")

You canā€™t really make it stick to the hand because skinned meshes donā€™t affect physics(yet) so the only way to find the deformation of a bone is to use things bone.TransformCFrame or bone.TransformWorldCFrame and set the a partā€™s CFrame to that with some other math. If it were a rigid character, you could use a weld to hold it in place, but skinned meshes donā€™t work the same way because they donā€™t affect physics as I said earlier.
So basically the only way to make an object stick to your skinned meshes hand is using a script to set the CFrame of that object.

4 Likes

Great work! Although, Iā€™d recommend, how do I say this in the most appropriate way possible, ā€œless girl-ify-ingā€ the character. This would include reducing chest size and rear size.

1 Like

turns out that i didnā€™t make the rig separated and created one part to identify it as ā€œRightHandā€

Thanks for the tip

Umm so weird question, but can you guys help with making my skinned mesh to hold a tool, iā€™ve been trying to do it for the past 2 days now, and nothing has worked yetā€¦ iā€™ve tried a lot of the solutions that was on the skinned mesh tab thinggy but yeah. nothing worked.

i bet itā€™s just me who keeps messing it upā€¦ since iā€™m very new at the skinned mesh stuff

1 Like

Yeah this problem is something Iā€™m going to have to deal with myself very soon and have no idea how to do it, Iā€™m trying to use regular roblox tools but I know (At least from these posts) that Iā€™m going to have to somehow create a script to follow that particular joint but have no idea on how to do that and if it will possibly break the tool.

I made it work somehow, but cant really remember how
i think i added a part called ā€˜ā€˜Handā€™ā€™ or something, and used the rigging tool to add it. to my skinned mesh
but i also added a script somewhere sooo cant really remember

All good thanks anyways man.

I was doing something I thought was gonna be super simple until I forgot skinned meshes donā€™t work the same way with tools lol.

There is a different way now

You can now use Attachments on a Bone Rig

They do the same job as your work around

1 Like

oh thats cool!! gotta try out that sometime

What was the code? Iā€™ve been looking for quite the time now and cannot find a solution