Sky Island Showcase - My Roblox Architects competition entry

Sky Island Showcase

This is a showcase that I made for the 2021 Roblox Architects building competition. The link is here:

Please note that the individual small rock and fern/grass meshes were provided with the contest template by AerialsAbove.

A front view of the island

The contest limits entries to a size of 128 x 128 x 128. I decided to add different biomes for this map (ocean, forest, lava), to give it a contrast and show the types of creatures that would live around each biome.

The Ocean biome

I decided to use coral to give the ocean life, and included whales swimming around the island, as well as dolphins and sea turtles because they made the area look peaceful.

The Forest biome

I went for a forest look that included large trees to camouflage the troll that appears in the shot, pushing trees aside in order to chase the vikings that enter the island. I have added sound design where the troll makes loud rumbling noises and large footsteps can be heard as he walks towards them.

The Lava Biome

I have a dragon and a phoenix fighting in the lava biome, with a volcano that contributes to the heat of the area. The phoenix will occasionally make a roaring noise and start to glow, and light up the entire map for 2 seconds.

I used blender to create the models, and decided to make the water solid instead of transparent because multiple parts with transparency would cause them to clip through eachother.

34 Likes

Excellent work, absolutely loved seeing the progress on this build throughout the event.

8 Likes

Wow that island looks like a whale of a time

3 Likes

Amazing work! Just amazing amazing amazing! I love this idea for an island!

1 Like

Nice!!!
I love how it looks like a floating island.

The animals around look amazing :heart_eyes:
Great decorating as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Truly amazing work. The coral is the stuff I dream of creating with how organic it is. The composition is supreme; your projects always amaze me and I can’t wait to see what you create next. Great job on your island!

1 Like

Really good, I like the concept of it! Very unique and pretty! :+1:

1 Like