Skyboxes at Nighttime

Normally when the Sun goes down, the skybox goes black. Is there any way to disable this or work around it? I’d like the sky box to be equally visible at all times of day. Thanks!

5 Likes

Yes, just simply create a skybox of the normal Roblox sky and add it into lighthings. To find such a skybox you can use the toolbox (check out for any virus!)

Then, by this way, it‘s always day, even if there‘s the moon!

The second way: just replace the sun by the moon (but it‘s too tricky, use the first idea)

2 Likes

I tried this already, but I want the Skybox to still appear when the Sun is below the horizon. I’m also using a custom skybox.

1 Like

Then, I can‘t help. I tried atleast. I think you could play around with the properties of the Lighting Service and hope to find something…

1 Like

You could write a script disabling day and night cycles, there’s some plugins for this too. After that its up to your experience with lighting to brighten the place up.

There’s a funky hack I’ve been using, but this won’t solve the issue when either celestial bodies are below the horizon.

1. Set the GeographicalLatitude above 114 but below 300 to make it so that the sun shows up in the night and vice versa.
  2. Switch up the celestial bodies via script and you’ve got both the sun and the moon with the skybox most of the time.

Pros of this method:

• Moon with sky
  • Sun still uses SunRaysEffect while the moon doesn’t
  • Starry day

Cons:

• A big hack
  • doesn’t work while either celestial bodies are on the horizon
  • Sudden change of celestial bodies noticible

In conclusion: This method is only not ugly when the sky doesn’t change. If you really want that, use this hack. Otherwise, don’t.

This is my first post so sorry if I did something bad.

3 Likes