Skydiving System [Open-Sourced ] [R6 Support!] [UPDATE 1.4] [MOBILE SUPPORT!]

This is a Skydiving system which I made getting inspired by Jailbreak’s Skydiving System.I was noob at scripting at that time but after hours of learning, I made it. So, I’m open-sourcing my project.So, you can also also learn something new.

Video:

This system was also used by a friend Ayziloz! If u followed him on twitter, U might’ve seen this.!

The link:
https://www.roblox.com/games/6107483386/Skydiving-System-Showcase

Steps:
1.Put the script “Skydiving” in StarterPack
2. If u r lazy to animate, then u can copy anims from the dummy kept in Workspace
3.Put The “ParachuteGui” in StarterGui and Put the “Chute” model in ReplicatedStorage

UPDATES:

1. Added fall damage functionality which works good With The parachute system and Changes the amount of damage if u close ur chute when u r close to the ground. Just A touch of Realism.!

2.Added Mobile Support.

1. Control Velocity with facing direction of the camera. As an example, while chuting , if u r looking down, then the fall velocity will increase

2. Some Character movement lerping for smoothness.

3. Added r6. disabled the character movement lerping. work in progress for character movement lerping in r6.

“If u have any problems in the script”, then here is the script:
https://www.roblox.com/library/6912888232/Skydiving
------ And Also read and study the script and learn something new from it. Have a nice day,Pro Robloxians.!

86 Likes

This is awesome!
Probably useful in battle royale games!

2 Likes

you know that im crying now i wanted this so badly omg i love this you need more appreciation for this

3 Likes

Hey, @ReaPercLawssYt i found a bug/error in your system where basically this error shows up when you die while parachuting and then you respawn you get this error and the anim wont work and it breaks
the thing is i never editted anything but this error occurs
also mobile support would be kinda great

ah nvm i made mobile support myself lol

3 Likes

thnx for replying.! I will fix the bug and Add mobile support.!

1 Like

Bugs Fixed.! And Also Added Mobile Support ! thnx for ur feedback.! <3

2 Likes

Hi, where do I get the animation of the dummy and the gui? Do I have to implement them myself into the game?

2 Likes

Can you provide a model for the parachute? or Can I publish the model and use it by myself? Thanks.

1 Like

Ah, wonderful just one small thing can you just fix the feet[animation] whenever it deploys the parachute?

Of course.! I just took it from the toolbox its in the game.Edit the game , u will find it in ReplicatedStorage

Im not an Animator btw. But ok, I’ll try to fix the feet animation.

1 Like

U’ll get the animation dummy in the workspace of the game when u edit it and the gui in the StarterGui of the game and yes , u have to publish ur own animation.But u can copy the anims from the dummy in AnimSaves.

i have hell a lot to say about the script to improve it but i guess your new to scripting and if im right then thats impressive for a beginner, the thing that was really interesting to me was the white trail you had on that system, i liked it as it gave more realism to it but wanted to ask about the texture you used and how i can make a similar one as the default is super white and make it look kinda bad, btw you could have used raycasting or even humanoid.floormaterial to check when player is in air instead of all that coding you did, remember simplicity is always the key when it comes to coding

3 Likes

yes u r right.! im new to scripting.But it took me 6-8 months.there’s still a lot of things to learn.I coded this for 3-4 months and also learnt new things.I’ll try to improve my script.

I tried raycasting and its inefficient to apply. if u use raycasting while falling downwards.It might cause issues . I tried this, this wasn’t that good. But i tried humanoid’s floor material to check if the player is in the air. Then i checked its velocity and its sitting on something or not then i set the skydiving system on that player.

My method worked very good.
thnx for the idea tho.!

2 Likes

“Skydiving System” made the game even more fun. Thank you so much for making this model!

1 Like

I saw this on Twitter the other day from Proxus but this is really cool!

1 Like

yea some of the renowned developers used my system. Ayziloz also used that. Np. The developer added some camera movement and character lerping. I didnt add camera movement .But i added lerping. when the camera faces up or down, the character smooth rotates. But if u guys want me to add the camera movement , i can add. np

what about xbox support? I really need xbox support

1 Like

Can you help make the parachute visible to all users? As it is local, only individuals can see the parachute.

He used this texture for the trails:
https://www.roblox.com/library/3517446796/beam

2 Likes