Sliding Shop GUI left/right question

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Ran across a Roblox game called 3-2-1 Blastoff Simulator that has a Shop design that appears to use models on a horizontal last/next navigation type of design.

2. What is the issue? Include enough details if possible!
    Trying to educate myself how the 3-2-1 Shop system was created, my attempts result in static images versus a 3d experience. Appearance of a room with display cases for each Shop item available for purchase, slides left/right using navigation button. Description, prices, etc change with each new item centered in Shop.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far?
    First thought used a ScrollingFrame under a ScreenGui, but images are static. In 3-2-1 the Shop models have 3d appearance as you navigate left/right you can see the depth/side details as items move.

3.1 Explored option of Viewportframe with desired display of models, but once CurrentCamera is mapped in Studio it becomes static. Roblox documentation talks about how a new camera is required to apply animation during run-time, but ran across a YouTube video showing how to 360 rotate a single model in a Viewportframe–engine enhancement maybe? (Nothing as complex as the entire Shop system, though).

3.2 Attempted to change CFrame of Viewportframe CurrentCamera to a Part CFrame to change Viewportframe display, but camera view never changed. Was thinking it may be possible to map the Viewportframe CurrentCamera to a Part CFrame and then simply move the Part to give the illusion of moving through items in a Showcase type environment.

I could resort to static images in a Shop GUI but was intrigued by the design used in 3-2-1 and wanted to see if I could re-create it. Any thoughts or references to documentation would be helpful.

Ran across this article, may be able to make this work but interested in thoughts others may have.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.