Sloomingbla - Scripter and all round game dev. [Closed 9-19-20]

About Me

I’m primarily a scripter, have been developing on roblox for over 10 years now, and have been a member since 2008. I’m entirely self taught, and a bit weird… so I pride myself for having a very unique development style. This could be a good or a bad thing, but that’s up to you to decide. :grin:

I’m 23 now, but since I was little I have had a passion for game design. My goal is to create brand new experiences for the industry as a whole, and I am currently interested in contract work in order to further my growth as a developer and expand upon my knowledge related to a group-working environment.

I still have a lot to learn in many areas, but I know I’m capable of creating just about anything that I set my mind to… especially with detailed guidelines as to what is expected from a product.

I’m less likely to be interested in long-term projects as I am currently working on my own, and want to build up some experience working with others before tackling anything too big - but still feel free to shoot me a message if you have a good offer.

Showcase

I am currently working on an unnamed project in secret, and this is up-to-date with my current abilities.

Unnamed project stuff

Equipment selection UI

Location transitioning UI

Over the shoulder camera, 3d weapon select UI, Weapon system with body movement and dynamic (not just animated) recoil

2020-09-15 11-31-26_Trim_Trim (2).mp4 - Google Drive
^ the link goes to a video

My only public showcase of my work is my game, Space Frontier. It was a massive 3 year long project that ended due to many reasons, but keep in mind the work is old and not fully representative of my current abilities. Especially on the UI side.

You can play the game here https://www.roblox.com/games/226724306/Space-Frontier-Development-ended

Or, you can see some of the details below.

Space frontier stuff

The game features randomly generated worlds and guns, 500 planets that all orbit in their own solar systems, 25 different world and enemy “types”, and many other unique elements.

It made it to the featured list, as well as got me into these forums. So I owe a lot to this game :blush:

Random map generation using pre-built maps. The first picture is before generation.
Image from Gyazo
Image from Gyazo
Image from Gyazo

Inventory with randomly generated gun models
Image from Gyazo

Radar (bottom right) along with nifty aiming mechanics

Other interesting tidbits

Large scale triangle terrain generation with several LOD levels

Image from Gyazo

Maze generation with enemies that use grid-based path finding

Image from Gyazo

Availability

I’m available pretty much any time 8am-8pm est. The amount of time and work I would be willing to put in would depend on the pay and scale of the project.

Payment

Just let me know what sounds fair to you :slight_smile:

I’m less interested in accepting % based offers unless the group in question has already shown to be making a profit.

Fine with any method of payment - paypal would be my most preferred though.

Contact

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum, or message my profile on roblox. My username is sloomingbla on there, too.

My discord is shroomingbla#6728

I hope to be working with you soon! :grin: :v:

3 Likes