Slow Server issues

I’m having an issue which I just noticed today.

I’m building a very big game in Roblox. Basically, it’s a massive city made for emergency services roleplay. I am about to release the game but I’m having some issues with lag, rendering, among others.

While testing (on Roblox player, not studio), I noticed that after some time playing (around 30 minutes, basically one day and night on the daylight cycle), the game crashed, and once I checked the game servers page, it appeared a message “Slow server”. Once I saw this, I searched on a lot of dev forums and developer pages of Roblox about this issue. What I found might be some of the issues, but I’m not sure. They recommended checking the micro profile and the dev console, and that’s what I found.

1. The MicroProfile usually shows it is running smooth (the bars are not too high) when I’m in some areas of the map doing nothing. However, once I do other things like change teams to police, and even simulated a shootout, the MicroProfile exploded.

2. When checking the dev console, on the memory section, I found other issues. Some things were too high on memory consumption, like “render/shadowmap”, “render/texture/local”, which I might know how to solve (confirm if I’m wrong, I will remove some useless textures and mainly, put a lot of parts which don’t need shadows CastShadow = false). But a thing appeared which I don’t know what it is, and that’s what I need to know:

"physics/broadphase", what does it mean?

Not only this but how can I solve this Slow Server issue? Because while I’m writing this article, the game was open, and there’s only me in-game and it shows the Slow Server on my game page

If you know how to resolve this Slow server issue, please answer.

Hillington, GSK - Roblox Game link

My PC specs as I don’t have a powerful PC and it might affect the results (Windows 10)

Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz   2.50 GHz
Installed RAM	8,00 GB (7,88 GB usable)
System type	64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 Like

First if your game got alot of functions that can make lag
Example : I have made an Lightning module and it was
So laggy
You can make effects on Client side and you can make it disabled to other player from a disitance that player cant see i hope it helped you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This just means you’re in studio. Unless you’re in an actual roblox server you should be fine.

If you’re in studio and you look at the games servers it says that, they aren’t joinable through the normal roblox client and aren’t visible to non-friends on the website.

I have a system for street lights. Every day in-game when it is 5 PM it turns all of them on individually (each street light has a script), and there is a lot of them around the map. Do you think it’s a reason that might affect the game?

The game were opened in Roblox player. On Studio player FPS is very low, but in the regular one it’s better.

ofc it can make lag but i guess there is a repeating script that cause lags
on server script service some functions makes alot of like like Instance or HeartBeat
I guess try removing some script then try again you can find which script makes lag
with this method good luck man :slight_smile:

I will try, I decied to add a script which change colors randomly and it loops (the color change to random each 5 seconds) and it might be the reason. I will remove them and see if it works. Some other scripts were also slow too. I will do this, thanks.

start the game and use this to see what script that lagy the game

Which is the highest number? Because I had a script that was oscillating between 5.0/s and 9.0/s.

Also, do you think if I made a script to enable those scripts (as some of them were useless) once we need them would help something?