Smooth Roads (2023)

I think we can all agree the @asimo3089’s Jailbreak roads is one of the most simplest yet effective and clean roads in Roblox. It’s already 2023, yet, there’s still no proper type of road tutorials on Youtube with most of them being outdated.

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    What I would like to achieve is to make roads similar to Jailbreak’s roads, not to totally imitate it, I just want the ability to actually make curved roads.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    The issue is that with roads being one of the most popular thing in Roblox, it is also the most overlooked. So I was wondering if anybody has found a way to properly and efficiently make clean roads that can curve to the side and slant up at the same time like Jailbreak roads.

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I have tried multiple solutions including @stravant’s Quick Road, Archimedes + Resize Align Combo, and many more.

I am currently using the Archimedes + Resize Align Combo, as the Quick Road Plugin is buggy at the moment of writing. Although the Archimedes + Resize Align combo is working fine with my current game, it is inefficient trying to build a whole map/city and also tricky to slant up while curve to the side as shown in the picture below.

4 Likes

Hi, I have never made roads for an experience myself but here is what I would try.

1. Make outline where I want the road using bricks and the terrain.
  2. Export the road outline(the bricks) and terrain
  3. import in to blender
  4. Make the roads, follow something like this tutorial if you don’t already know of arrays and curves/paths How to model Realistic Road in Blender 2.93 || Blender Tutorial - YouTube
  5. Import in to Roblox, from first glance this tutorial looks good How to import your Blender Models into Roblox without having to Texture (EASY!) - YouTube
3 Likes

I’ve watched the video and was amazed by how easy it is to use blender. I personally don’t have much experience using blender but I’ll give this one a shot and will let you know if I’m successful. Thanks for your suggestion!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.