Snapping problems

Basically, whenever you move/resize a part in studio, it’s positions gets given these random ___ numbers, like adding .005 to numbers or rounding .125 to .13. This makes building near impossible to do when you’ve got OCD and everything needs to line up. A .005 gap is clearly visible to the naked eye.

How to recreate: Literally just open studio and move a part using snapping of 0.5/0.25

Feel like this has been brought up a million times already and nobody is doing anything to fix it!!

1 Like

I highly suggest downloading this plugin. https://www.roblox.com/library/264838065/Fixed-ResizeAlign-and-GapFill

This allows you to connect 2 bricks together, and will be a fix to the problem you’re currently having.

This also does not create a brick, it just simply resizes the 2 bricks.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

The problem isn’t that there’s a gap. The problem is that the bricks positions aren’t aligned. Everything needs to snap to a specific grid position and can’t be off. Plus that plugin makes the sizes of the brick random. All my parts need to be 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.2, or 0.1

This is caused by the floating point error and yes, this has been brought up dozens of millions of times. This issue lies deep within all machines which is why computers are not exactly “perfect”. There’s an algorithm behind this(not sure what it’s called) probably used for rounding off decimal points. Float point errors are usually rare and only caused when you use the studio axis move tool instead of the dragger.

Edit:
I’d suggest reading this article about it and why such error is still occuring even with modern technology.