Sneak peek for my new physics based VR game similar to boneworks!

This is an early prototype of what is to come in my new vr game. One of the hardest things I need to figure out before release is the name though. Here is some gameplay! 2021-10-15 21-46-33

9 Likes

Looks great, I will try it when it comes out :+1:

1 Like

I might make another video purely focusing on gun mechanics and knife mechanics too so there is more to come from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

looks sick! ive been trying to make a vr game and how exactly do you make it so you can pull your self up from ledges and stuff? i’m too dumb

well its kind of complicated but if you use align position for hand collision you basically turn reactionforce enabled on then have another align position that is connected to your characters root and stuff but yeah its kinda complicated just use reaction force enabled on align position stuff and screw around with it

really nice, its like a low poly versiion of AresVR or something

yeah lol this is from a bit ago i can update you guys soon im just working on better guns and stuff lol

2 Likes

ah alright thanks mate i’ll try this

i’d love you to make a tutorial on how to do this as i’m not that experienced with align position, it’s alright if you don’t want to

it would be fun but time consuming maybe some time i will though

is there any chance you will be hiring in the future? I’m not saying I want to be hired but I was just wondering.

Here’s one thing that will get in the way for me:

Vertigo

nope im gonna be a total solo dev unless i change my mind in the future

Alright, I just figured it out anyways

Could you explain how you used Align Positions for ledges and climbing, I’m trying to make a VR game and I just can’t figure out the climbing part with Align Positions.

just like make sure the align pos is attached to head or torso to your hands and enable reaction force and mess around with it till it works

It doesn’t seem to work for me. I attached it to my HumanoidRootPart but I can’t lift myself up ledges. How high do I have to set the values like MaxVelocity, Responsiveness, etc?

like set max force really high

Not gonna lie. This is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen!!