Snow Physics feedback

I am seeing if anyone is interested in a Snow Physics Simulation Module and i want to gather feedback and suggestions. Here is how it currently looks like:

It will have features like sticking to objects (for example car roofs). Currently it is on a early state. The module will be for free and maybe there will be a premium version (or atleast donation because people don’t like premium versions). I will release it when all the crucial mechanics will be implemented.
You can test it out here: Snow Physics Simulation - Roblox

12 Likes

Nice job, this idea is kind of like minecraft snow voxels.

3 Likes

minecraft snow update but its roblox 10/10

1 Like

Have you added a greedy mesh algorithm?

1 Like

Lag about to go crazy with this one :speaking_head:

2 Likes

It is me or in the showcase video there’s flying snow?

I like it a lot, but I’m wondering if this is done on a huge map, wouldn’t it cause a lot of lag?

1 Like

Yeah, well, that’s because it collides with player and it doesn’t react to moving objects yet.

I am not sure if it will be beneficial in this situation, as you can see in the video the snow has different height which kinda makes no sense to make greedy mesher for this. Tho i will probably make snow mesh using the new EditableMesh so it looks smoother.

1 Like

Good question. I will probably add different LoDs for snow where closest snow is 1x1 stud but at the max distance it will be 4x4 stud. I will also try to optimize the code. I will try to optimize the code so much so that it can work on mobile, so that every player can see the snow even if the player needs lower resolution version or at smaller distance.

Edit: It will also have multithreading.

2 Likes

Just make snow collision detection ignore characters, if possible.

3 Likes

These snow physics look and are very good (like in Minecraft)! Nice job on them!

1 Like

Why almost everyone is saying that it looks like minecraft? lol

1 Like

The Demo place got updated. Now it is multithreaded with Parallel LuaU. Also, the snow under the player legs get’s squished.

2 Likes