So, Advertising

Hey there,

I’m Mithrandir6440, and I run a small game development studio, Wizardry Games. A few weeks ago, Wizardry Studio’s first official game, Castle Tycoon was released.

I began to advertise it, beginning at first with the ‘Build your own Castle’ ad below. I bid 350 Robux, and got a relatively good CTR of 1.59%. I even was able to stick around for a while and play my game with other players that clicked on the ad. However, no concurrent players stuck around, and no developer products were bought, nor did I get any premium playtime.

So 350 Robux had effectively gone down the drain, and I decided to add an in-game event where everyone received 1000 free gold upon playing. I put this in an ad (below), and started advertising. The ad only has a few hours left to run, and so far the CTR is horrible at 0.22%.

I’m getting visits (between these two ads I’ve gotten nearly 80), but I don’t know how to keep players playing. People don’t want to play a game in an empty server, so most of them just leave before someone else can join them.

Meanwhile, the game that’s running under this ad has 20 people playing!

I have enough Robux to keep advertising like this, but I would like to know

• What am I doing wrong?

• How does that ad get its game more players than mine does?

There also might be a problem with the game itself (like its bad at player retention), and if you have any thoughts on that, I would love to here them too.

Hope you all are having a good day, and thanks for any help you might have :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

It is all about first impressions, you need to blow them away the first time they see the ad, and especially, especially when you start the game, you need to have a solid, exciting intro. As regards to retention, it can sometimes be very hard with tycoon games, because a lot of times it is just the same old thing, droppers, more stuff, droppers etc, add something no one would think you would normally have in a tycoon, it is medieval themed, so maybe you can like an arena mini game sort of thing, go crazy!

2 Likes

Same with me, I tried to make a enthusiastic add and I got like 10,000+ Impressions, but barely new players and then adds like those get so much people joining groups or playing, it ridiculous

2 Likes

Played the game and I have to say, I would suggest adding some activities to do when you’re waiting for cash, in my opinion it gets pretty boring just standing there and waiting. I have to say also, nice music! Did you make this yourself?

2 Likes

Thank you for your help everyone!

Yes, i made the entire game and the soundtrack myself.

2 Likes