So how far should a developer go into anti-cheat

I came back after a multiple year hiatus and I’m not quite sure how far to go with anti-exploit protection

I’m following the basics like have good server checks on my remotes but other than that and some simple detections like if player has more movement speed than is possible, is there anything else I could implement without using some framework that would require me to re-code all my remotes?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Simple words yet effective for almost all exploits:
Never trust the client.

3 Likes

Just make a basic one any hacker who still wants to exploit after synapse x teaming with Roblox is desperate and hopeless so I recommend just making a basic one like most games as Roblox can deal with most of them

Yes, since synapse x is dead, old attacks like the one for coregui will work again
I recommend looking at this, it will detect whenever exploiter parents anything into CoreGui but replace kick with crash since they cant prevent that.

However executors can simply fix this by running in the state of corescript and not the global one, still good detection to use tho.

Just don’t think too much about it first. People get stuck in the first step of developing a game this way anyway. Some rule of thumbs are good to know to make sure you don’t return to those problems as in above:

On the best practice, you should have some paralleling between client and server working in some correspondence when needed and not only how. Examples of this is to rubber-band the client if there happens to be someone moving too fast.