So, how to make him WALK (animation)

I use a human model and move it like this:

humanoid_FR:Move(Vector3_Direction_Fr, false)

:Move - is the ideal method I use for the purposes of the game, other methods like moveTo() or moveToFinished() are slow for the responce, so I will not use them…

The human model is copied from the main charachter and has all the built-in animation tracks, but it moves as if it is on rollers, no animation is triggerd. Do I have to start it with some sort of a command?

1 Like

So, one question, is the Animate script a server script? If it is not, then you should change it from local script to a server side one.

The script is just copied off the main Character to a model… so it is a local script…

I made a copy of “Animate” script and saved it to ServeStorage. Now I copy it from there:
Animate.Parent = MyModel

Does not work. Am I on a wrong track?

NPCs require server scripts for that, or local scripts that identify them as NPCs on the client.

The question is still there… HOW to make the NPC walk? My doesn’t… :slight_smile:
I just moves as a statue…

You have to load all the animations and then also play them.

1 Like

So, you need to insert a server script, name it “Animate”, then select and open your local script, CTRL + A the script, CTRL + C after that, then open the server script and then do CTRL + V. Next you need to copy the local script’s content, its childs, then paste or move them into the server script. You can then delete the local script, but do it only if you managed to do the above.

1. I copy-pasted all the contents of LocalScript “Animate” of the main character to a new “Animate” ServerScript which is on ServerStorage.
  2. The olny alteration is to get rid of the following function as it gives an error
    – game:GetService(“Players”).LocalPlayer.Chatted:connect(function(msg)
  3. I copied & attached all the LocalScript’s “childs” to ServerScript.
  4. Now programmatically I attach the Server Script to the model.

Works fine! Thanks.

1 Like

I am glad your problem has been solved. A quick note though, Animate scripts can be in the character at all times, they don’t overwrite anything.

1 Like