So i hired a ugc creator... Is this a safe thing to do?

Hey, so i am currently wanting to release 5,000 limited ugc copies into my game and i hired a UGC creator with UGC access to create the model and then upload it to the group. I later found out that only players with ugc access are able to set the item to limited:

Im sure before when the ugc creator uploaded the item, i was able to place it as limited after a bit of messing with the buttons but im unable to do that now. And by the looks of it, to actually make the UGC become limited, i will need to perhaps give the guy i hired 100k? Im not sure if this is a safe idea, let me know what i should do.

4 Likes

Wow. I was not aware Roblox charges UGC Creators a fee to publish limited items. I suppose it’s something roblox didn’t think twice about haha. :skull: :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Ok I checked online and yes you have to pay unfortunately 20 robux fee per copy I could be wrong? but according to 4 sources it seems that yes it is the case of having to pay robux to upload it.

5000 x 20 = 100,000 so yes he’s asking for the exact amount due

3 Likes

Just like any other kind of transaction like this, it requires you to put a lot of trust into the individual in question. I personally don’t think it’s a good idea given that UGC creators aren’t known for being the most honorable individuals.

IMO you should probably wait until everyone is given UGC access rather than risking it.

4 Likes

Heres something I found too

Continuing the discussion from UGC Limited Question:

3 Likes

Since i dont have ugc access, would it be safe to give 100k (the amount to have 5k copies) to the ugc creator i hired so they can make it limited or is it too risky?

2 Likes

Well, it really depends I can’t say cause I haven’t met him, but I would check if he has done any successful work for anyone else and then see if he’s someone you can trust.

Then again he’s asking for the exact amount and if he’s done other work he probably knows what he’s doing, But I would just double check just incase.

4 Likes

Hopefully this UGC limited works for your game cause from what I’ve been seeing its a huge money making success look at punching simulator when they released their 3 limiteds people were grinding and lots of people were buying game passes and boosts (I know this cause each purchase is announced in chat)
so yeah it might be worth paying too.

2 Likes

Yeah i have heard about that. Its just the risk that i may have to take for it since our event is pretty much finished. I will ask my developers what they think about this situation since they also communicated with the ugc creator and if they deny it i will probably only do 2,500 copies (50k)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.