So I made a suspense song

Here is a new song I made! I used multiple synths and reversed some sounds to make an uneasy atmosphere. Hope you enjoy! :sunglasses:

Any feedback would be appreciated
If you would like to use this song please DM me

I heartly suggest to have your volume below 50.

My portfolio which contains some of my other songs:

Killerdolophinā€™s portfolio [Updated]

10 Likes

You might want to add a headphone warning. My ears almost died.

2 Likes

I tend to keep my headphones at around 20%

Then make the drums at the start louder.

I have fixed the sound anything else?

I would make the strobe SFX be less grainy. It sounds very rough.

me: literally uses used music effect

The point was to make it rough and grainy, to make the sounds uncomfortable and more panicky. But still thanks again for the feedback.

2 Likes

Iā€™d suggest listening to Mako Reactor by Nobuo Uemastsu and 747 by Ludwig Goransson for reference.

Itā€™s honestly amazing! The fast beat just makes it sound a little jolly though.

Listening to that song, I donā€™t think its considered a ā€œsuspenseā€ song. Suspense is supposed to make your heart beat and make you have panicky/scary vibes. I would call that song a medieval/action song.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. It was just the context of the game that made it suspenseful.

1 Like

Damn itā€™s great. Itā€™s like the music in medieval/mythic themed games.

Iā€™d also listen to No Time for Caution by Hans Zimmer and Unsettling Aura by Yoko Shimomura.

1 Like

It sounds good, like a cyberpunk whiteness trial, not much of a suspense, but at the middle it got good. B)

How about this?

It may be quiet, but while I was playing the game that it is from, I was panicked as crap, and the music didnā€™t help. (The music got progressively louder the further into the level you got.) I was literally shaking when I finally beat the level. Basically, the music doesnā€™t have to be that grainy, as the same effect (Affect? I never know which one to use.) can be achieved otherwise.

However, yours still does convey a feeling of suspense, and would work well in a horror game. I think itā€™s great, I just wanted to show that the suspense can be achieved without a feeling of discomfort.
(Yes, this is an example from a Spongebob horror game. No questions asked please.)

BTW the song plays a bit faster in-game.

i kept mine at 100 and it was fineā€¦?

I would consider this song as a suspense song. It gives the listeners a sense of uncomfort and I like how it slowly builds up

4 is painful.

Different headphone levels I guess :man_shrugging:

I mean its at 5-10 dB