So uh I've lately been working on realistic game lighting and I need your opinions

As I mentioned in the title I’ve recently been working on a lighting that resembles one of my favorite game series, Gothic. For the current lighting I’m working on, I took the gothic series last game, Arcania as an example. Although they’re quite similar now I still feel like something is missing but don’t know what it is and that is where I need you guys’ opinions.

So what do you think?

18 Likes

That’s alot of contrast, try toning that down.

12 Likes

Contrast aside, that still looks amazingly good! This might be irrelevant but may I ask which plug-ins and tips did you use to achieve this lighting? Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

The first image looks great, I am not sure what type of game it is, but it looks amazing!

4 Likes

It sure does look great but turn the contrast down. Also which plugins did you use? I need them :smiley:

5 Likes

I didn’t use any plugins nor tips

2 Likes

None, sadly

Just to make sure what you mean by plugin is roblox plugin right?

2 Likes

uhh i mean roblox plugins yes… for the studio

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t use any it is just the roblox lighting

2 Likes

It is an rpg game, Arcania Gothic 4 even though it is the worst of the series I like its dark ambiance

3 Likes

me doing simulators, you doing rpg… big difference lol

2 Likes

Haha. I used to do simulators I think a cartoony environment with not so many details is the best for that kind of game

2 Likes

I gotta say I actually like the looks of it.

3 Likes

yea i tried going for low poly style

2 Likes

Looks awesome! I would recommend playing around with much lighter colors for the Outdoor Ambient settings. This should help lessen the intense contrast seen in the attached photo, while also keeping very dark shadows, which is common for the Gothic series (experimenting with ClockTime, GeographicLatitude, and even FogColor itself could help as well)! Overall it’s turning out great and I can’t wait to see the finished product! :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve updated it a bit keeping the comments in mind

https://www.roblox.com/games/6398207954/ProjeVS?refPageId=becfe969-ba9a-4dc1-b1e4-4c87d272844d

2 Likes

I tried to tone the contrast and in order to do so instead of making the game brighter I gave it a more straw expression

2 Likes

This looks so realistic it’s very cool! I love the lighting great job! :smiley:

2 Likes

What do you think about the last version? I did some updates to the version I sent at the title

1 Like

You can definitely see the characters better on the updated version. It looks brighter now you have added torches on the path to the village. I can see the improvement.

2 Likes