Social Chat | Enhance your experience with spectacular social chat features!

It isn’t, こんにちは works fine with other chat systems.

1 Like

Oh Jeez! (this wasn’t intentional) :sweat_smile:

This is most likely because of how special symbols are registered and split into multiple individual character values. SocialChat currently splits a word into individual letters in order to render special effects on them. I’ll definitely be looking into adding support for this, thanks for bringing this to my attention! :smile:

1 Like

Oh, thank you! I reported this on github too since I wasn’t really sure at first ¯_ (ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Sorry to reply so soon lol, I found a potential fix with the utf8.graphemes() function which respects special characters.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware that there was a utf8 library specifically designed for this (which is super convenient!) :grin:
This should be fixed within the next release of SocialChat!!

1 Like

Big bug report incoming!

I seem to have noticed an issue with the chat window where the box scales weirdly on large displays:

By default, the caret and text selection boxes don’t appear in the window:

What I expected:

I do understand that the highlighting bit is due to you using a separate label for text input since RichText is weird with TextBoxes, but hopefully you can find a fix! :smile:

This option in the chat configuration doesn’t seem to work properly:

This option breaks bubbles entirely when disabled:

I also noticed you stored your bubbles inside a particular player’s head and never changed its Adornee, this is kind of a bad idea since it won’t persist if the character resets or gets modified.

3 Likes

Something weird, chat bubbles seem to randomly do this without any reason…
It’s a bit too fast to capture, but it keeps jittering between tiny and small sizes with translucent text.

2 Likes

This is currently being worked on! :grin: RichText in TextBoxes would result in weird lines of string which could lead to bad UX; thus being why I used a seperate TextLabel for RichText. I appreciate for your suggestion!

Yikes! :scream: I’ll definitely be looking into this as well, thanks for the report!

Im not entirely sure what you mean here, would you be able to capture a gif of the issue in question?

If it would appear I could show you lol, sometimes this bug causes text to not even appear.

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure what causes this. My current version of SocialChat seems to work perfectly fine so I’d assume this was fixed already in case I forgot. If not I’ll return to this issue and verify that it gets fixed, thanks for your report! :smirk_cat:

Oops! I think this was a mistake on my part since I was messing with some settings regarding how bubble logs were stored.

2 Likes

Yeah, chatting and then quickly resetting results in the bubble disappearing and some weird errors in the console, hence why I was messing with bubble logs.

1 Like

Just wondering, is there an option to toggle off the bubble chat, thanks!

Look for this option in your configuration module!

2 Likes

How can i add chat extra tags to social chat?

1 Like

You can do this by navigating towards your Tags module located in…

SocialChat > Environments > Server > Tags

Then you can create a new tag by using this template!

["tag"] = {
		["Requirements"] = {
			["UserIds"] = {}, -- accepted userids (if any)

["GroupId"] = 0, -- your groupid
			["AcceptedRanks"] = {}, -- accepted ranks (if any)
		};

["TagData"] = {
			["TagName"] = "YOUR_TAG_NAME_HERE",
			["TagColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(255, 35, 35), -- your tag color here
		};

["Priority"] = 0, -- lower priorities get chosen over other tags with higher priority values
	};
2 Likes

Is it just me or is the place broken(can’t connect, TC error)

Sorry about that, I had team create enabled for some reason. :sweat_smile:
It should work now!

So either I’m a bit stupid to understand, but I decided to play around a little with making custom chat commands.

However, whenever I try to enter the command, I get this error

This is my code:

local ChatService = game.ReplicatedStorage.SocialChat
local Server = require(ChatService.Environments.Server)
local Client = require(ChatService.Environments.Client)

Server.PlayerChatted:Connect(function(playerWhoChatted, messageSent)
	if string.find(messageSent, "/ping") then
		Client:CreateChatMessage(
			nil,
			"Pong!",
			{
				["MessageColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(170, 255, 0),
				["SpeakerColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(170, 255, 0)
			}
		)
	end
end)

Oh yea and also, I tried to use messageSent == "/ping" but that just resulted in the same error. Is this an error with the system, or am I doing something wrong?