Social Networks on Your Own Profile have Disappeared

As of 2/23/2021 CST 10:51PM social links on your own profile have completely disappeared.

To clarify, you see social networks fine when viewing another user’s profile.

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

I suspect this has to do with this apparent profile update, with your “About” being editable from your profile instead of settings, and with the “Status” removal.

10 Likes

I think while Roblox was updating the website a few things broke, another issue is the member count of groups not showing up when viewing it at a glance. Also statuses disappeared as well, so not sure what’s going on right now

5 Likes

Interesting, I found this flag flipped a day ago:

If I’m reading this correctly, it seemed this feature was turned off?

2 Likes

I can’t view my own profile’s description, it’s very strange.

2 Likes

This is a BTRoblox issue IIRC, please disable extensions and check if this issue and the issue in the OP still occur.

5 Likes

It works, but damn I seriously hate this format.

2 Likes

It looks like social links are indeed gone. Assuming this is intentional and other profiles still showing them is an oversight, as a developer this hurts me since my game and my other projects are linked to my account and not a group, so users looking for more of my work now do not have an easy way to find my social networks if they come through my other places, or my plugins. Do not remove these.

However if this is a mistake related to the edit button that now appears on your profile bio, oops?

3 Likes

I suspect this is related to the upcoming IPO. I’ve noticed a couple of really bad PR instances that may have lead to this change. I don’t think there was much thought put into it as well.

Nevertheless I don’t think this coverage warrants this change, I hope this was unintentional.

1 Like

Since other profiles still show the links and your profile now has a new edit button on the bio implying this code was changed recently, I believe this was unintentional.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We are aware of the bug and it will be fixed soon.

12 Likes

This issue should now be resolved!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I can confirm that the bug has been resolved.

I was worried that social networks were really going away- but this proves that social networks are indeed here to stay. Your swift responses are appreciated. :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.