Social notifications for when you gain / lose a friend

Introduction

Hi everyone! I’m John and I’m a guy who has a lot of friends on Roblox. But sometime friends just disappear. I’m sure many of my fellow Developers have had someone unfriend them, get terminated, or unfriend someone their self. I feel one doesn’t even get any info on what happened without digging into it but even then sometimes nothing.

So I’d like to make a request, I would like for Roblox to have a feature or a tab of who has unfriended, accepted friend request (move out of message to a tab), declined friend request, blocked you and or has been terminated. I feel this should be done under the social tab is and for it to be like how the audit log or purchases system currently are.

Thanks for hearing me out I have made a mock system below. Also keep in mind some features might be a thing already but this is just a system that should keep everything more organized and bring new things to the table. Please vote in the poll if you like this or not as this will help our cause.

From your friend John!

Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • Use A Different Approach

0 voters

Mock up

By Strongjohnfgamer

8 Likes

I feel like maybe it would just be better to send a notification to the normal notification tray (where the game updates are sent), since friends getting added or removed doesn’t happen very often/very quickly (plus, this would probably be easier to implement). Either way, I completely agree that this is necessary, especially for friends unfriending you, because unless you have been in constant contact, it can be very difficult to determine who is missing with 50+ (or for some people 200) friends added over the course of a few years.

4 Likes

This needs to be added. My friend list constantly changes as I friend or un-friend users, and it’s very difficult to keep track of who unfriended me. I’ve had to go through my message inbox, check every friend request accepted message I’ve ever gotten, and hope that that was the user that unfriended me. I would then promptly sent a friend request over.

I recently found this game, which may significantly help my chances of finding who unfriended me, but I’d really love for this to be a built-in feature in the Roblox website.

This needs more attention!

3 Likes