Soft Shutdown Not Working

Hello, fellow developers,
I am MobileGamer1253. And I came across a problem while developing my game, and it is kinda frustrating!

1. What do you want to achieve? Create a soft shutdown system to not lose players

2. What is the issue? I tried Merely’s Soft Shutdown Script and even tried to change it, but whenever the game shuts down for an update, This message appears after seeing the “Rebooting” message from shutdown script.
    2021-03-20 07_49_20-Roblox

Video Evidence(Sorry for lag):
Evidence.wmv (1.1 MB)

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I looked multiple times through the DevForum and checked all tutorials I could find on YouTube too.But not a single one of them worked or even put me on the right track.

If anyone has any APIs that could help me or have modifications that can be added to Merely’s Script, I would appreciate hearing your solutions on this thread or DMs.

Yours, MobileGamer1253

You should just be teleporting people to another place on BindToClose, (after saving their data). This other places waits 30 seconds, then teleports players back.

The thing is I tried using game:BindToClose(), but It would freeze the camera and then show that same message to leave or reconnect.

Can you show me your attempt at doing so?

Video.wmv (1.1 MB)

Sorry for the lag.
This is what happens when I used Merely’s Soft Shutdown.

Hmm I can’t seem to open the video, anyways I meant the script and stuff.

I tried instead of Merely’s Shutdown Script this using game:BindToClose():

game:BindToClose(function(
    local Teleport = game:GetService("TeleportService")
    local RS = Teleport:ReserveServer(game.PlaceId)

for _, player in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
          Teleport:TeleportToPrivateServer(game.PlaceId, RS, {player})
          wait()
    end

end)

--When player joins reserved server
 game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
     if game.PrivateServerId ~= "" and game.PrivateServerOwnerId == 0 then
          local Teleport = game:GetService("TeleportService")
          Teleport:Teleport(game.PlaceId, player)
     end
 end)

This is the code I used instead of Merely’s Soft Shutdown(removing code of message of “Rebooting”).
However, this too didn’t work…

Your system wouldn’t work. First of all you are teleporting to the same place, also why to Private server? Just teleport them. I recommend using :TeleportAsync() tho.

This special place needs to be separated, and then you should wait 30 seconds in the second place, and then teleport them back.

So, No need to teleport players to reserved servers?

That’s the point, I wanted it to teleport players back to the game when an update is released/game shuts down

No, there’s absolutely no need.

1 Like

Thanks for your input, I finally did another system that works amazingly!
Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hey there I’m experiencing the same issue I’ve tried soft shutdown scripts but they don’t work for me.