Soft Shutdown Script

Go to the game page then click shutdown.

1 Like

Put one in each place I believe

1 Like

Oh ok. Sorry for that, lol. Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Hello! So even with the waits it still teleports each player into a seperate server, know why?

1 Like

Thanks for the script but, is there a way i can modify it to make a special gui appear instead of a message? Because i’ve tried before but it just broke the script and the normal shutdown was back.

1 Like

The script isn’t working for one of my games, It shows this error:
But when I copy-paste the same script into a baseplate it works, is there something in my game that I removed that is essential to this shutdown script? Please help.

1 Like

This is cool but im also wondering how well this handles on big servers i have access 700 player servers but this seems it could easily be used to crash roblox by making bots join roblox and another bot shuting down the game mutiple timea to overload severs

1 Like

Hi @HLVM,

I also use Datastore2. Please share your solution to make it work together with that.
(I am just a builder, so your current explanation is too high level to run with.)

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The thing is, that is true and false but mostly false. You see, Roblox uses VMs to run your games. So each server is given a range of how many resources they can use. Now, I am assuming that they can run hundreds if not THOUSANDS of games on one physical server. So, this wouldn’t cause a crash because: 1. Servers are limited to that said amount of resources
2. I don’t think a game has reached full 700 players in one server.
And even if someone did that, they’d be screwing themselves cause that’s 700 Roblox clients. And Roblox runs at about 1MB/s in and 1MB/s (internet) steadily and that would mean that someone is using 700MB/s or a bit over half of a gigabit trying to crash servers which wouldn’t crash the physically server because of logic.

1 Like

Thanksss!!!, I love this so much…

1 Like

Basically, after the stuff saves, it invokes a request to the script then when that is fired, it “soft-shutsdown” the game

1 Like

Where do I put the script? (In explorer)

1 Like

ServerScriptService. It should work in there.

2 Likes

How do you make it activate?

Just Curious.

1 Like

Go to the game page and click the 3 dots then click shutdown all servers.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be in a module script in Replicated first.
It should be in a script in serverscriptservice.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work anymore is anyone else also having the same problem?

2 Likes

I tried out the version bunded with Nexus Admin, which is mostly the same, and it worked as expected today. There was a point where a Roblox update broke this, but I am not noticing it this time.

1 Like

Hello I have a few questions, When i copy this script and put it in ServerScriptService do i have to modify anything or it will work automatically. Do i have to make script work for a server side and client side too or just a server side? If the script needs any modifications, can you please explain them to me?
Thank you!

any tutorials on how to use it ?