Solace, a Magical Environmental Display Showcase!

When I was in college, I stumbled upon the most magnificent piece of artwork I have ever set eyes upon. It’s this painting called “Harbinger” by Ryan Bliss.

For me, this painting makes me feel so immersed. It’s calm and peaceful in this little world I’m looking into. I love this painting so much, I decided to make my own version of it onto Roblox. I wanted my own version of this, except with my own twists and personalization. So, I present to you, “Solace”, by me :]

As an extra, here are all advertisements I have made for Solace (WiP currently)

I didn’t have a whole lot to show for my environmental works on my portfolio, and so by creating this place, I really wanted to push into creating a realistic, yet magical, real-time environment.

The showcase has recently been officially launched and exited its brief Alpha testing phase. If you would like to see the showcase yourself, I invite you to check it out here:

Seeking constructive criticism and feedback on my project here, as well as any bugs if there are any. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you :blue_heart:

22 Likes

This looks very good. I think you really nailed the lighting in particular. The blue tones really add vibrancy. I suggest playing around with the lighting even more to see if you can strike an even better balance, because I do think it looks a little too blue on some parts (mainly in the second screenshot with the way the blue highlights the crashed ship). Nevertheless, I still think it’s excellent as is.

The crash site also reminds me a lot of Returnal! Great job.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out the lighting issue in the second photo. I went ahead and fixed it!

1 Like

That looks much better! Great job!

1 Like

Bump! Made TONS of updates since I last updated this post. For all new and returning viewers, I am inviting you all to check out these sick new updates. :]