Solution to ROBLOX installer crashing

Issue: Installer loads up and gets near the end and it just closes and I’m unable to join a game. I try it again and the same thing just happens.

Solution:

1. Navigate to %localappdata% and go to Roblox and then to the Versions folder (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions)

2. Find the latest version (check by date if needed)

3. Delete it

4. Uninstall roblox player (launcher) if you haven’t already and now install it again.

5. Do step 1 and step 2 again, but this time go inside the folder of the latest version

6. Open the selected one by one

7. It should work now

47 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean by this?

1 Like

Your a wizzard @emblazes I got it done : D. Your a life saver! Why didn’t I found you 3 painful days ago? Also for the studio. Yea that doesn’t work for studio. Do I have to repeat this for studio?
Only this happens after running studio
(Yes I ran as admin)

So studio ran after 5-10 minutes or so. But still!

1 Like

Actually saved my life, thank you so much

2 Likes

tysm dude i was dealing with this for like 3 days now

2 Likes

Yes, I know, I’m really late and you probably have solved this issue already.
The solution you might be looking for is to do step 1 and instead of going to a version folder, you launch the RobloxStudioLauncherBeta inside the folder.

4 Likes

I already did this like a long time ago lol. Why even bother replying at this point?

Does not work for me, this is my versions folder:

And neither of these seem to work

2 Likes

idk if im doing anything wrong, but when i try step 4, the exact issue about the installer happens again…
(also i dont have the robloxplayerbeta file on step 6)

nvm i just tried to install roblox again and it worked

1 Like

u are literally one of the most wonderful human beings to ever grace this platform.

1 Like

Some people are still experiencing this issue. This is a good solution, therefore I am bumping this topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has still not been finished, I rely on Studio Mod Manager by Clonetrooper to use studio now.

Update this is no longer the case but i still use Studio Mod Manager.