{Solutions For Grinding Problems}

About me
Schell Demos | Project Manager | Game design | Scrum. {For hire} - Collaboration / Portfolios - DevForum | Roblox
➛ Hello, my name is Schell, am a Project Manager and a Game designer for over 4 years, and have recently been very happy staying here at the Roblox community seeing it’s large growth in both members and development
Information
➛This post is all about the grinding problems in both anime and RPG games, people usually lose their months of work and years of work due to this problem, and I have seen the community decline slowly due to this occupation, I have come with many solutions to solve that and many to choose from if one doesn’t interest you, this is in hopes of keeping the community I love motivated and progress with no worries in development.

Who is this for
➛ Anime Games
➛ RPG games
➛ All types of games that involve Grinding, but mainly those categories I mentioned above.

1:Solution to Grinding
✶ Adjustment of NPC.

➛ Randomization: When fighting against an NPC, it’s move shouldn’t be predictable, rather it should be more off unpredictable moves every time you fight that NPC, so the repetitive action doesn’t seem boring.
➛ Equal Quality With Performance: A player wastes his time to kill 5 NPC’s that were very powerful, you should reward that player with an unexpected drop of an item or a booming EXP for each kills the player gets.
➛ Stroy alined with Quests: A story gets the player very curious about what will happen after this action is done, and what role am I playing in this story.
➛ Equally with Level: An NPC which is too powerful and with the same reward as the others don’t make sense, the player’s level should be alined with the NPC’s dmg, health, and performance.

2:Solution to Grinding
✶ LandScape

➛ Different Dangers: When a player is fighting a slower more easy kill boss, it wouldn’t be challenging at all, so this aspect comes in where the player should be challenged by the environment rather than the boss or NPC, this builds the player’s reaction time to more of a higher standard
➛ Envision: When a player is fighting an NPC or a boss, there should be challenges such as Vision, where it can happen both in a sand environment, that the sand storm can make you unable to see perfectly, or a misty place, where the mist blocks the movement of the NPC’s
➛ Interaction with almost Everything: If the player gets to click on everything he finds interesting it feels as if he can do whatever he wants with the environment given to him, and makes him think there are many to explore a lot to not miss, as some things he interacts with has a hidden quest or rewards within them.

3:Solution to Grinding
✶ Mechanics

➛ Skills/Attacks: Most important things are when a player uses or experiences a certain power he unlocks, the Visual effects and the way to use it makes the Attacks interesting such as the animations and dmg if the skill he obtains isn’t fun then the grinding no matter how good, could be boring.
➛ Unique NPC’s: Some fly, are invisible, run really fast, burrow underground, shoot from afar, can mind-control, charge at you, sneak up to you before attacking, grab you, etc. these are really effective when combined with great attack mechanics to spice up the gameplay.
➛ Effects: Great effects increase the person’s performance by a lot, when a person is hitting an NPC, each hit should have an effect behind it, to make the player feel his actually performing as expected and, ground hit effects, push backs, etc.

Ending
✶If you do not understand or want further understanding, please hit me up on Discord where am most active am most likely to answer in a few seconds {TempestDev#5783}
Hope this enlightened some of you and motivated you to work on your projects, I will be posting more helpful posts that will boost your performance in the near future. Thank you.

8 Likes

Alright, sorry that you had to go through that.

1 Like