[SOLVED] Door glitching out

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I’m trying to create a working door for my model.
  2. What is the issue?
    If the case’s primary part is in a specific orientation, the door will glitch out.
  3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I tried several solutions, looking on the DevForum, etc.

So, I’ve created this door for my model, it’s supposed to open when you press a button located on the case, and close if it’s already open. But there’s an issue, if the case is in a specific orientation, it will work fine. But if it’s any other orientation than that working one, the door will glitch out. Here’s the working orientation:

This will happen if it’s not in that exact orientation, applies to all 3 different orientations:

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

local button = script.Parent.Button
local model = script.Parent

local originalCFrame = model:GetPrimaryPartCFrame()
local isRotated = false

local function rotateModel()
	button.Sound:Play()
	isRotated = not isRotated

local rotationCFrame = isRotated and CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(95), 0) or CFrame.new()
	local newPosition = isRotated and originalCFrame.Position + Vector3.new(1, 0, 1) or originalCFrame.Position

local newCFrame = CFrame.new(newPosition) * rotationCFrame

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
		Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
		Enum.EasingDirection.Out,
		false,
	)

local tweenGoal = {}
	tweenGoal.CFrame = newCFrame

local tween = TweenService:Create(model.PrimaryPart, tweenInfo, tweenGoal)
	tween:Play()
end

button.ClickDetector.MouseClick:Connect(rotateModel)
1 Like

I’m not usre what the problem was from, but I changed the script up a bit and it seems to be working properly:

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

local button = script.Parent.Button
local model = script.Parent

local originalCFrame = model.PrimaryPart.CFrame
local isRotated = false

local function rotateModel()
	button.Sound:Play()
	isRotated = not isRotated

local rotationCFrame = isRotated and originalCFrame * CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(95), 0) or originalCFrame
	local newPosition = isRotated and originalCFrame.Position + Vector3.new(1, 0, 1) or originalCFrame.Position

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
		Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
		Enum.EasingDirection.Out,
		false,
	)

local tweenGoal = {}
	tweenGoal.CFrame = rotationCFrame

local tween = TweenService:Create(model.PrimaryPart, tweenInfo, tweenGoal)
	tween:Play()
end

button.ClickDetector.MouseClick:Connect(rotateModel)

My guess of what the problem was would be these lines since their the ones I changed:

local originalCFrame = model:GetPrimaryPartCFrame()
local rotationCFrame = isRotated and CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(95), 0) or CFrame.new()
local newCFrame = CFrame.new(newPosition) * rotationCFrame

If this didn’t fix your problem tell me and I’ll try to fix it again!

Well… this happens now (applies for them all):

1 Like

Could you try changing the PivotOffset of the model so it’s positioned like a hinge on the door? It will rotate from that pivot instead of from the center

To fix this, create a new part that is invisible. Anchor it, and name it “Hinge”. (edit: PLACE IT WHERE THE HINGE WOULD GO ON THE DOOR! WHEREVER YOU WANT IT TO ROTATE FROM!!!)

Unanchor the door and create a weld constraint that is parented to the door. Set the constraint’s “Part0” to the Door, and “Part1” to the hinge.

Set the hinge as the primary part of the model.

Should Work.

3 Likes

That’s how we do it on my game too, the green brick is the “Hinge” part and it rotates from there

1 Like

Yes, that worked! Thank you so much, guys! :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.