[SOLVED] GUI Scaling Problems

I’m trying to make a menu GUI for my game, but for some reason when I go into the game, the GUI is very missalligned, even though I use Scale instead of Offset. I’ve tried to look for solutions in DevHub, but so far nothing has lead me onto fixing this soulution. I have this plugin called AutoScale Lite and it used to work for these issues, but now it just stopped. I don’t know what’s going on with my GUIs.

I don’t know if it’s related, but I saw a post that could’ve been experiencing the same issue as me, but it was talking about a studio engine issue.

3 Likes

can you send images of the problem? also send properties of the frame

Sent it. I also noticed an issue where I wasnt able to open the arrow for the image’s position

I can see the video now, the problem is the size, use autoscale and set from offset to scale but in size:

1. Select the GUI object
  2. Open Autoscale
  3. Click scale in size

I have this plugin called AutoScale Lite and it used to work for these issues, but now it just stopped.

I said this.

I tried what you said but same issue still happened.

If the plugin doesn’t work, you can try to recreate the size of the buttons

first, set all offset values to 0, and try to recreate it with the scale properties (these properties are in Size)

scale has limits, from 0 to 1 (you can use decimals)

{ 1, 2 }, { 1, 2 }

1 = Scale
2 = Offset

I did do this earlier, but it still gave me the same issue. I don’t know what’s going on with the UI positioning rn

That’s weird, but I think you could have done it wrong.

try to put this size to a button:

{0.5,0}, {0.5,0}

if it works, scale it like before

if the button still have position issues, maybe is an UIAspectRadio or engine issues

Okay, I’ll do that now. This is how the menu is supposed to look in game, compared to what it looks like when you join the game.

*Ignore the Enter button, I made it non visible to players who join the game

This is what happened when I scaled it to 0.5, 0.5

I think I may have found something. I was messing with scale, and the UIaspectratio constraint seemed like it was the one causing the issue. When i set it to change the parent’s scale, it seemed to work out better. I’ll test again.
EDIT: Didnt really get anywhere, so im going to sleep now. Thanks for your time.

Ok so someone helped me with the GUI issues, turns out it was because of the AspectRatio Constraints. (Thanks elementninja645!!!)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.