Solved | How to properly rotate skybox images/Using Spacescape with roblox

Edit I made arrows on the images then imported to roblox and made changes accordingly, can’t believe I didn’t think of that before

I’m working on a space themed game, and I’ve found a good tool to make space skyboxes, spacescape. The only issue is that when I import into roblox the images come out rotated incorrectly. I’ve tried to rotate the images, however they still continue to be mismatched, so is there any way I can preview how it looks and rotate the images accordingly? If there isn’t any way to do such a thing, are there any other space skybox making tools you would suggest?

2 Likes

haha sounds like you found the solution

What I usually do is just try my best playing the guessing game of what goes where

You can also try making a skybox template i.e figure out what should be up and what should be down before uploading the images and then name them accordingly on upload just to speed up workflow

1 Like

if you are making Space skyboxes with spacescape this tool will be useful: GitHub - ddavness/spacescape-roblox-converter: A lightweight tool to prepare skyboxes made with spacescape to be imported to Roblox.
It will do the work for you so you don’t need to spend so much time like I did.

3 Likes

for those still looking for something like this someone made a tutorial on this: