Group with owner erroneously shows 0 members

I have encountered yet another odd web bug to do with counting. This one has persisted longer than my recent bug report of the same nature - certainly for years. I forgot about it, but as I was searching through some old archived items of mine, I found the bug and now I am here to report it.

The bug is as the topic states, a group I am holding on an alternate account is displaying “0” members. There are no members aside from the group’s owner (my alternate account), and said account is not deleted. I would expect that the count shows “1” member given the owner counts as a group member.

This bug has never happened to me aside from this one peculiar case. I’m unable to reproduce this bug.

This seems to be happening on www. I am unaware of any other location where this may be occurring.

I haven’t a clue when this bug started happening, but I surely know that it’s been more than a year in which I’ve left this bug unreported or unheard of.

Relevant Links:
Alternate Account - HighSaffy
Group - “Pastry Delight

Images of the bug “in action”:
Displayed via tiled groups view
Displayed via full-panel groups view
Displayed via group page
Displayed via group search page
What happens when I join the group

1 Like

The group member counter is very buggy in general and this is not limited to it displaying 0. If you look at any large group the member count will be inconsistent with the sum of all the rank member numbers (which are more accurate).

Bringing this back from the dead because I have the same problem but with a different group:

Just change everything from the previous group’s name to this group’s name.