[Solved] Instance:GetPropertyChangedSignal does not mention physics limitation

It is known that the Instance:GetPropertyChangedSignal will not fire for properties that are modified by the physics engine. Only by script. This fact has been omitted from the documention for Instance:GetPropertyChangedSignal and should be added. This will help reduce the amount of help requests on the help and feedback forum.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/Instance#GetPropertyChangedSignal

5 Likes

Good call. You should be able to submit a change to the docs, found up at the top.

Umm… Yeah. I do not feel comfortable modifying Roblox’s OFFICIAL API documentation like that. So I’ll let someone at Roblox deal with it, hence the bug report.

Hi there,
I’ve added clarification around this method (and the related Changed event), and placed the info under a “Limitations” header to hopefully make it clearer to notice. Thanks for logging the report!

Take care,
IgnisRBX

2 Likes

Looks good to me. Now if someone complains about it, I now have documentation to refer them to. Thanks for taking care of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.