[~Solved] Need help with EchoChat's Chat Logs (overloads)

Hello! If anyone is familiar with EchoChat, please tell me how I can possibly make it so the chat deletes the older messages in order to stop overloading the servers. As EchoChat stores all data and loops through it on every message sent, it gets harder and harder to chat over time without experiencing lag issues on message.

Please help me. Use this for experimentation:
echochat.rbxl (143.2 KB) → serverscriptservice

thanks in advance! - Dev_Mathe

Any modifications can really help. I’m about to host a big event, so having this fixed before launch is probably smart enough,

Also, if you don’t know where to start, you might also help me find a way to restart the chat when a certain amount of messages have been sent - or disable then enable it, I don’t care. I already tried that but I had no success with it.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Edit: found my own solution.

Contact the developer directly.

1 Like

If you’re unable to contact the developer directly, I was looking at the source code and there is a module that creates the messages by looping through the number of messages there currently are and adding them to the frame, you could probably customize this by changing the number it iterates through to a number like 20? Though I would try getting in touch with the developer first to be 100% sure.

1 Like