[SOLVED] Remote Event not firing

Hi, developers!

I’m working on this UI prompt system, but when I fire a marketplace prompt remote, not even the ‘Fired’ print does it’s job. There’s no errors at all, so it’s super difficult for me to troubleshoot.

Here’s the code for the prompt:

And here’s the code where it should be fired:

If you can’t run MarketplaceService in a remote event and I’m being stupid, that would also be really helpful to know. Disregarding that, any help would be hugely appreciated.

2 Likes

Trying adding in a print() just after the click function, as that might take you to the source of the issue since UI’s like to be annoying sometimes.

2 Likes

Just added a print and it appears the remote isn’t actually firing for some reason. It’ll print ‘clicked’, but nothing afterwards.

2 Likes

is the “button” a gui? if so, just change the line of code to button.Activated:Connect()

2 Likes

Just switched it and it does the same thing button.MouseButton1Click:Connect() did.

2 Likes

You stated you’re trying to use a RemoteFunction, but FireServer and OnServerEvent are methods and attributes of a RemoteEvent.

2 Likes

Try defining prompt as a variable.

1 Like

Are you sure that the scripts run? Have you tried adding a print at the start of the scripts to see if the scripts run at all?

1 Like

I don’t think I said anything about a remote function. I’m using a remote event.

Not sure what you mean. The prompt remote is a variable in both scripts, if that’s what you’re referencing.

Yeah. As far as I’m concerned, only the button activation runs. Nothing about the event firing actually works, which is what I’m trying to figure out at the moment.

Solved. Realised this could be done with a simple local script and I was overcomplicating things.

Title: Remote Function not firing :man_facepalming:

Just a reminder: When the problem is solved, you should click the green tick next to your message to mark it as solved.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.