[Solved]Can I link my youtube video directly?

So I have a video, which I want to let my group know of. Can I shout out the link of my video directly to a group shout?

2 Likes

YouTube.com, Twitter.com and I think Twitch.tv links are fine, along with any Roblox.com address.

I don’t think their shorteners are allowed though, as it could lead to you hiding links behind a t.co address. I’m unsure about youtu.be.

Most often all that happens if you accidentally post one that isn’t approved is that it’ll be turned to hashtags, so you generally don’t get any warnings for it from group shouts.

4 Likes

You can find the allowed links under here. Which states you are allowed to have YouTube.com, Roblox.com, Twitter.Com, and twitch.tv . So yes you should be able to post that to your group via a shout.

https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020870412-Understanding-Moderation-Messages

“The only links you are allowed to post on Roblox are roblox.com links, youtube.com links, twitter.com links, and twitch.tv links. No other links are allowed. Posting any other links will result in further moderation actions.”

5 Likes

I’m 100% sure and positive that you can send youtube.com links just don’t use shorteners such as bit.ly and others since like @BanTech said they could lead to t.co websites or even worse scam/hacky websites that could in the end get you terminated for getting people hacked/scammed on both Roblox and YouTube if they have a partnership with Roblox.

Other links are accepted like: Twitch, Twitter and Disc (social media pages section only). Posting other links can and will result in your account being warned/banned/terminated all of that stuff.

1 Like

I noticed you edited your title, instead of just renaming your Title to [Solved], there’s instead a feature some people might not know about which is marking a solution on a post. I thought I’d just let you know this for future use, it also helps people out a lot just marking them solution.

2 Likes