Some DevForum Users have a thumbnail that looks like the System User

For some reason, I’ve been seeing a few people on the DevForum have their avatar headshot the same icon as the system account instead of their avatar’s head.

See below:

So I’ve found the following users have the white head thumbnail instead of their avatar’s head:

@lumbergrim - DevForum Profile Link
@adudu21 - DevForum Profile Link
@Itz4Amarahhh DevForum Profile Link

I tried reloading the page and disabling all browser extensions with no luck. I also tried restarting my browser with no luck.

Browser details:
Google Chrome 101.0.4951.59 (Official Build) (64-bit)

7 Likes

I’d assume that has something to do with the outage thingy. It’s very possible that if they re-log in that it’ll be fixed.

1 Like

That could work, but after the outage, I believe everyone was force-logged out, including me. We all had to log back in, in order to regain access to the DevForum after the outage was done.

4 Likes

That’s true, although I guess it’s possible that users could’ve been allowed in while there will still some minor issues? Causing the avatar to not be pulled?

I dunno if that makes any sense, unfortunately I don’t have the best understanding of all of this.

Either way, I’d contact some of the users you found and ask them to log in again. See if it works.

1 Like

Not all! During the period, there were a few posts about the outage on the DevForum by people’s alts.

1 Like

First of all: Yea it happens to me as well.
Second of all: Why are you being so worried about them?

I saw the exact same thing as you did on the exact same topic. I was like HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE :face_with_monocle:

When the site came back up I had some issues logging back into my DevForum account maybe that’s what happened to that user and that could be why his profile isn’t displaying correctly. Hopefully Roblox fixes it because that would be a very annoying situation.

Probably the outage.

When the outage happened, I was logged in as someone else. They’re lucky I’m not a hacker who wanted their account.

No it’s not, that makes no sense. The cookie is not returned as a response header on every page load. Even if they did cache response headers (they probably don’t), the cookie or any other sensitive header wouldn’t have been cached.

The cookies are available in cookie store on your local device and sent along as request headers (not response) with every request, sure, but it wouldn’t have been part of the cached data because of above.

Anyway, this is off-topic, please continue your discussion on Logged into other people's accounts security flaw

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard from a friend, I believe it’s a caching issue. Pretty sure logging out and logging back in will fix the issue.

I’m guessing the outage happened between 0-6am? I wouldn’t of tried accessing DevForum during that time, so I don’t honestly know how some users have it and others don’t.

Funnily enough, the icon for @system isn’t showing (nvm is now)

1 Like

i logged in while devforum was bugged lol, im not relogging in

4 Likes

It’s just a visual bug as the people above are saying, I wish I was able to get it, the normal Roblox characters are boring.

3 Likes

it seemed like that they made a update on it i think Update on the Recent Forum Outage

3 Likes

it is because of the latest roblox devforum outage, this is due to a small crash of a server. log off and log in should fix it.

Well, I think its clear that this bug is due to the outage. I’m just going to mark this post as solved now.

3 Likes

what are you gonna do with someone’s devforum account lol

You mean what am I doing with it or what would I want it for if I were a hacker?

I got logged out no I’m not doing anything with it.

If I were a hacker, I have no idea what I would want with it. I have a friend who’s devforum account got hacked though.

cant do much with a devforum account tho, just a forum account, not like a Roblox account where you can take items, robux, etc

1 Like

i tried changing the description of an account i got logged into (just to see if it actually worked, i was gonna revert it afterwards) and it just said “unauthorized” or another error code, so no, you can’t mess with their account

3 Likes

but you can read the user’s DM/PM’s, read their bookmarked topics, and if you happened to get into a staff member’s account much worse

1 Like