Some Images Inconsistently Scale Between The Topic Editor and Webpage

Description:

Images do not always scale consistently between the topic editor and webpage. I expect all images to scale as they do in the topic editor.

Date of Origin:

11/25/2022

Example:

Topic Editor:

Redacted

Reproduction Steps

I believe any Roblox Staff member on the Roblox Developer Forum has the ability to edit and view the source others’ topics but in the case that is not true, below are simple steps to recreate this issue.

1. Create a topic with an image
  2. Set the image’s resolution to (1024x2208). The uploaded image must be the same or greater than 1024x2208. (Mine was 1024x2272 before being uploaded)
1 Like

Hi, this is intended functionality of Discourse. Discourse creates several optimized (scaled down) versions of high-resolution uploads, so that they can be loaded more efficiently.

If you click on the image, it should open a modal with the higher resulution.

Thank you for replying. After the closing the topic editor, the image briefly displays in it’s expected size. Is this intentional, and if so, how can I make it the size it shows by default? I have found that I can segment the image into 8 different parts of which they all load in their uploaded resolution. The only problem with this is that each image is separated slightly from another. How can I remove the gaps?

I want to replace a normal topic post with a single image so I can play around with fonts and the positioning of text and images more freely, which is why clicking on the image to view it in a higher resolution will not work.