Some mesh assets are broken

A lot of mesh assets randomly broke

14 Likes

Can you give more information on what broke (asset ids, experience id) and when?

2 Likes

I know that the Personal Rocket is not working properly when deployed, resulting in a massive marshmallow.

Also apparently the bats with the Bat Knight Bat Sword don’t load either.

3 Likes

the mesh issue started today at 4:30 PM EST, one of the asset id is 90718350 and experience id is 4522347649, there is many other tools with this issue too

I believe this issue may be related to MeshType, it’s being set to “Head” instead of “FileMesh” for new special mesh instances.

1 Like

Hi there, special meshes were in fact changed.

It appears special meshes now spawn in as a head by default leading to some amusing results.

This appears to happen now after an update was published today, according to many people before I started testing things myself.

When using the airstrike gear this spawns in.

As many of us know, we’re supposed to actually be seeing a jet dropping bombs, except we’re seeing a UFO drop grey heads.

And for reference, here’s the gear in question.

4 Likes

Yea, it’s supposed to automatically change to a FileMesh once you input a MeshID.

1 Like

I’m also having this problem and it’s effecting my entire game.

hi plz fix this it affects a wide range of existing games both newer and older

1 Like

Hey, i’m also having this problem, SpecialMesh is not displaying correctly on my PC, but somehow it works fine on phone.

Here are the images for reference:
Image On PC:

Image On Phone:
r
the mesh issue started today at 4:30 PM EST

1 Like

I can confirm this is an issue at my games such as Pinewood Computer Core which use the mesh for the Personal Rocketship.

6 Likes

My experience A Wolf Or Other is currently experiencing a major issue with meshes. The wolf character in the experience nolonger visually loads, causing them to be mostly transparent. This is very bad.

1 Like

The mesh issue also occurred on Monster Islands.

It’s broken for every game Bro!!! PLEASE FIX THAT!

2 Likes

I can confirm that this is the cause and that manually changing the type to FileMesh fixes it.
I hope this is fixed quickly, as my experience relies on it defaulting to FileMesh.

1 Like

Weirdly, according to the external Roblox API Reference website, SpecialMesh had its default changed to Head in 2022, version-ec81b0ea2163459b (v0.553.0.5530621)

Perhaps this has something to do with it (edit: now that I think about it, this may have just been the point at which Roblox started including the defaults in the API dump)

Our team is aware of this issue and is currently working on a fix.

8 Likes

Not sure if related but I was having issues uploading new texture / image assets within studio earlier also. Those use the same asset delivery process as this I believe.

Thank you for your patience! Our teams have pushed a fix to mitigate the issue in new servers. If you are still experiencing any issues, please let us know and our teams will investigate further.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.