Some Useful Features to Incorporate into the Developer Forum

Hey there, I’m here to ask for two features (and a very minor tweak) in the Forum. One, a button to every topic that reads “I Have The Same Problem” (but the user can override and turn it off). And two, a button on every reply that asks if that reply solved your problem, and it displays the number of people it helped. Also, as a small tweak, increasing the number of replies that can be marked as solutions (maybe max of 3?) allows the poster to credit multiple people who proposed some kind of solution.

“I Have the Same Problem” Button on Topics

Basically, it would be useful if this were to be added in at the bottom of the topic near the like button:

This way, if something such as a bug is affecting a lot of users, then they have the option to simply click this button to emphasize the need for attention by the Roblox Staff. However, if the topic is not related to a problem or question, then allow the user who posts a topic to hide this button.

This can also prevent users from replying “I have been noticing this too” or “I am experiencing the same issue” that can more or less clutter up topics.

“I Was Helped by This” Button on Replies (Especially Ones Marked as Solutions)

This would be super useful. Replies, even ones that are not marked as solutions, can have some kind of help in them. Even if it may not be helpful to the original poster, it might’ve helped someone else. This allows the user who replied to see how important and helpful they were. Similar to above, this button can be optional and users can choose whether they want it or not.

Multiple Solutions

If multiple posts were a great help to the original poster, then that user can simply mark those the solutions. This way, the “helpful people” 's posts actually count as a solution.

These are the three things that I request for on the Forum. Not only would this add more statistical data to topics, but posts that require serious attention from the Staff would also be emphasized.

Let me know if and how this would be useful to you.
Thank you.

24 Likes

Those are great ideas!
I’m not sure if your implementation of them will be fully optimal for Devforum, but the features themselves could certainly improve the way people receive/give feedback on their/someone’s posts.

One potential issue that came through my mind is that multiple solutions might confuse (in some cases) if they’re contradicting themselves or there are more of them than necessary.

2 Likes

It’s a really great idea, however this might be something Discourse would have to make, I am not sure if Roblox would be able to do this.

1 Like

from what i know you can build on top of discourse?

1 Like

(I have not a lot of knowledge of Discourse and how they run) But I know in the past I have seen topics in which a user asks for something to be changed on the Devforums, such as additions, and higher members (Top Contributor, etc.) told them that Roblox isn’t able to do that with Discourse.

1 Like

These would be really helpful, especially the “I have the same problem” button. I’d love to see this added to the forum!

1 Like

A small thumbs-up icon would be a pretty nifty and useful feature. I often find myself liking posts which I ordinarily wouldn’t to simply acknowledge them without bloating the thread with an additional response. I believe a large percentage of community members share this rationale, as a result highlighting both high quality discussion and filler replies. A purely static, per-post implementation would allow us to acknowledge filler replies and highlight the quality discussion (easily differentiating the two).

1 Like

These things will definitely be better for the devforum(in my opinion), especially the “I have the same problem button”. There are times where I want to reply and say “Me too how do you go about doing that?”, but it will probably be flagged so I have to resort to liking the post in hopes of getting it solved but this will make things much easier. Hopefully, they incorporate this even thought it’s been 9 months.

1 Like

As long as they can code in ruby on rails and stuff, it should be possible as discourse is opensourced.

1 Like