Somehow, this game managed to entirely disable the CoreGui escape menu and button

Can you elaborate on these theories?

1 Like

Maybe @KeyboardCombination or @Csdi can help us here since they are two of the devs of that group.

1 Like

Disabling the CoreGui in games seems simply like a pure inconvenience, You can’t adjust your Graphics settings, in-game volume, controls, etc. This is also more of an inconvenience to mobile players since they have to use the CoreGui in order to leave the game, they would have to close the app entirely.

3 Likes

As much as I think this benefits the game you have made it is slightly concerning, and it could potentially be used with bad intents by other developers if they ever even found out how this was created.

2 Likes

This is most likely some sort of vulnerability with TeleportService:SetTeleportGui

3 Likes

I know how they achieved this and I have tested the method myself.They don’t replace the menu they “Remove it” and use a normal Gui.The menu in the game is not functional and it can’t be.
This method is harmless and can’t be of any use unless for very specific situations like the game listed above. The developers of the game have done a great job trying to replace the CoreGui it’s actually insane.

4 Likes

Mind telling us how it was done? Feel free to DM if you don’t want it to be public.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem to work anymore.

But it still manages to capture escape

1 Like

I am wondering if this relates to how the core gui scam that tricked users into giving their robux away by drawing ontop of the coregui works.

3 Likes

(Ignore my other post, I’m deleting it)

Maybe, the other one makes it invisible, and the actual button is under the popup

Wheras in this case the real button is under the custom one

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/StarterGui/SetCoreGuiEnabled

maybe this???

This disables the basic core GUI, but doesn’t actually disable the Roblox button on the top left.

1 Like

That’s because a ROBLOX admin was caught in attention and had removed the script that made the modern menu go away.

It’s probably illegal to do this on ROBLOX either way, and it causes problems. It still captures escape because the game is intended to being accurate, but i don’t see why they need to capture escape.

This probably happened on RETROBLOX aswell, since i was told by a former developer of Retro Dev that RETROBLOX and RetroStudio used the same engine module, so it was probably not just RetroStudio that was causing the problem.

1 Like

I don’t know much about Core GUI but wouldn’t you be able to just destroy the esc menu using Destroy()?

Again idk if that’s how that works because I don’t know much about how core GUI works.

No, it’s protected. If it were that easy it would be more common. I believe the technique they used has now been patched though.

Ah I see. I figured it was something like that but I thought it was worth putting out there. Thanks!

there is another but if you wanne see a game who has it, just search Windows XP Gui Test you will notice when pressing esc it has a really nice sound and UI so its not patched as now. it renames the playergui so don’t forget that they had to fix all of the player GUI to the location and in coregui script its trying to find it but doesn’t work that’s why it hid

1 Like

Does this still work, and can you tell the reproduction method more detailed?

put a localscript in starterplayerscripts and write

game.Players.LocalPlayer.PlayerGui.Name = "lol"

Note: This is probably against Roblox TOS and should not be used except for fun experiments.

I actually found out about it yesterday! Even made a nostalgic video about it: Roblox - Disabling CoreGui - YouTube

1 Like