Someone stole my ugc

someone stole one of my ugc assets and is getting away with it. I already contacted support dmca takedown notice 4 times and roblox does not even reply. Ive been waiting since early august for a response and no answer. his group is still up with hundreds of stolen hats and idk what else can I do? I wish roblox would protect its creators cause the fact I already sent 4 notices and its still up and profiting is crazy

1 Like

The unfortunate truth is that this practice is very common. The catalog is littered with thousands of stolen assets. The only thing you can really do is continue trying to DMCA them.

1 Like

yeah… I figured that. Its sad nothing is being done about it. this is like the shirt/pants catalog problem all over again. sucks that devs still have to deal with this kinda stuff

I suspect Roblox is already working on these issues. I remember how everyone thought that they were never going to patch firetouchinterest exploits until all of a sudden we were all given rejectcharacterdeletions and ever since then it completely erased those exploits from existence because none of them replicate to the server anymore. Just think about how someday the people who engage in this activity will be forced to do it somewhere else. You will wish you didn’t put any thought into it. Focus on you and don’t let stupid stuff like theft distract you from your success!

2 Likes

I hope that is the case. I would think it would be hard considering all the stuff uploaded everyday. they might have to go back to special access ugc privileges to really fix this problem. I don’t know how that would work, but I wish they would. hopefully with time the issue solves itself. also thank u for the reassurance (:

1 Like

Not hard at all just takes time. “All the stuff uploaded every day” , do you know what happens when people do this sort of thing? Once Roblox responds to this it’s all getting erased all at once. Take a look at the users this guy is following

Nobody is safe from being banned lol when you sign up for Roblox you agree to TOS and when you get caught doing stuff like this you and your illegal content gets deleted and then they prevent the methods from ever working again

1 Like