Something wonky is happening with my textures

So I have been making a GFX of KonekoKitten and when I try importing accessories, the texture immediately changes to the closest accessory. Do you know what is wrong? The model file is below.
thingo.blend (1.7 MB)

2 Likes

Can you post some screenshots?

1 Like

Ok sure.

You might not see but there is actually supposed to be 3 accessories but they are all the same texture for some reason.

1 Like

I don’t know. Maybe you have all of the accessories selected when applying the texture?

No, it is automatic since it is an OBJ file.

Export the avatar and the hats sepretly.

For some reason, the change with Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.8 had caused texturing and grouping to be completely different.

What do I mean by this?

Lets say I was exporting a house model into blender in one piece, you think that all the parts in that house would be separated right? Apparently not

It will reconize it as one model, and the only way to fix it is exporting the parts separated.

I could be wrong, and there may be a solution to this, but if there is one, then I’m unaware of it

No, what I did was I modeled and rigged the avatar completely inside blender, and then started importing hats one by one using a studio plugin then clicking export selection.

Studio plug-in to export? Why would you need a studio plug-in when you can right click the objects you selected and export them as .obj files?

I never worked with that rig before honestly because I fine it annoying to work with. I use PaintRigV3 for my GFX and it works completely fine.

It could be your rig that is the problem itself. Or the studio plug-in you mentioned, but I wouldn’t be sure for that case.

No, I used the studio plugin to import the hats to roblox studio. I exported it normally.

Ahh okay, then I’m unsure what could be the problem then. Try exporting all 3 hats at the same time and it might work out for you.

That would be a pain to do because then it would be one object.

Also after I imported clockwork headphones that are black this happened.

1 Like

This is likely due to the file names being the same. When you export each hat from Studio separately, they’ll be given a file name like Handle1Tex.png or something similar.

You’ll need to still export each one separately, but each time you do, rename the texture file to something different. That way, the names don’t override each other and end up being put onto the wrong hats.

Once you do this, the hats should have the correct textures in Blender, and not have a different hat’s colors like what happened with the headphones.

1 Like

how do I change the texture though… When I export it it replaces changes textures :thinking:

What I’d do is delete all of the texture files themselves from where you saved them, then re export them all from Roblox Studio while renaming each one. Then go back into Blender, select each hat, and be sure they’re assigned to the correct material.

If you aren’t familiar with texture work or this doesn’t quite solve your issue, I advise watching some tutorials on YouTube not only for Roblox GFX, but for Blender in general so you don’t run into more issues. Blender Guru’s got a good beginner tutorial that will help you understand the basics of Blender better.

Hope that helps a bit more!

1 Like