Sound acting very strange on my machine

So, I was going to create a bug report about this, but I’m not sure if it is just my machine.

I have no idea where to put this post, as it could well be limited to my machine - but I’m not sure.
Let me know if you’ve come across this issue or can replicate it on your own machines because this extremely weird for me.

Alright.
In my original post I was going to mention that I’ve been noticing some strange issues with sound in game and in studio. The best way I could describe it is I thought Roblox may have been experimenting with sound blocking (like if you move behind a wall you can no longer hear a sound). But this doesn’t appear to be entirely the case.

In the video below I put one of my engine sounds inside a brick and played it through the command console, in accurate play solo mode.
The thing is - in studio I could not hear the engine noise at all until I sat the brick on my head and moved my camera left/right of the brick. Yet, when I play the video back the sound is recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aft55f_fhnw&feature=youtu.be

I tried it again, this time checking OBS’ audio monitors. Studio wasn’t producing sound again until I got really close to the sound’s source - yet I know it was sending audio signals because OBS was monitoring and recording it!
Here’s the second video:
One really strange thing about this video is that - again I couldn’t hear the engine noise - but when I turned up the in game volume via the Roblox Menu, I heard the ‘Uh!’ sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6BXmPGM4ds&feature=youtu.be

Have you tried publishing the game and testing it live rather than in studio. I’ve seen from some models where some scripts may not function or execute in studio.

This is the thing. I first noticed the problems in live, then went in studio to test it. I’m very confused.

I think it was my audio interface. I bought a new one recently and it seems fine now.

Very strange.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.