Sound duplicates every time a player joins

So I’m having this issue where whenever a player joins the game this looping sound duplicates, the thing is that it’s only supposed to do this once upon the first player joining the game and never again after that.

local Players = game:GetService("Players") --Get the players.

local wind = script.Parent.background_wind_noise.soft_mid_wind_00 --Get the sounds (Feel free to change the path to the sound as well).

function background_wind ()  --Feel free to change this.
	local sfx = wind:Clone() --Clone the sound.
	sfx.Parent = workspace --Move it to the workspace.
	sfx:Play() --Play it!
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function() --Wait until the player or players connect.
	background_wind() --Go to this function!
end)```
1 Like

local wind = script.Parent.background_wind_noise.soft_mid_wind_00 --Get the sounds (Feel free to change the path to the sound as well).

if not workspace:FindFirstChild("Sound") then
    end
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function() --Wait until the player or players connect.
end)

Also that’s not needed just enable the “Playing” value in the sound and whenever someone joins itll just play and wont affect when any others join

There is a very simple solution to this.
Make a local script in StarterPlayerScripts with this code in it:

task.wait(.5)

game.YourPathHere:Play()

So every time someone joins the game, the player here’s whatever sound you want to play. If you would like for everyone to hear this sound, just copy and paste the code into a server script in ServerScriptService.

U dont even need a script, remember sounds have a Playing property which if set to true can just make it automatically play

1 Like

True, I forgot about that, I guess I overthinked about it.

1 Like

And if he wants it to play locally
He has to make a localscript and just use SoundService:PlayLocalSound

why not just have the sound already in the workspace?
and/or just play it from the client side?

but if you want to use your script this is easy fix it in just return if the sound is already in workspace

if workspace:FindFirstChild(wind.Name) then return end -- its already there and playing so return
end

end)
2 Likes

That seems to work, thank you! To answer your question as to why I’m coding this the way I am, it’s because sooner or later they’ll be multiple sounds playing at random times in certain parts. And instead of having a script in each part I thought it’d be easier to organize it all into one script.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.