Sound Engine Broken - Choppy / Nonexistent Sounds

Yes this is definitely active again. Last night over 1/2 of the sounds randomly died in our game. Every new server couldn’t even hear them, we tried for hours. And they all have permissions. Unfortunately I question if this will EVER get fixed

This has been happening to me the time I wrote my previous post. It still happens to me, and I can still get the 2nd condition.

Is it possible for this be looked into again? Its still happening for me

I’ve read the title as “Source Engine” :skull:

This is still happening but has been less loud, while also some sounds are completely muted or cut off

Hello Devs and other folks!
We’ve made some changes to increase the number of voices and smarter managing of sound loading and unloading. Since then I spent some time in “Ultimate Driving”, “Berkeley County, Concord”, “Grand Continental Railway”, “The Strongest Battle Ground”, and a few other experiences. I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue, so I am assuming we have fixed it based on those prior changes.

The issue should be resolved, but please reply/drop me a line if you are still experiencing the issue of audio cutting out, let me know the experience and what you did to reproduce it.

Thanks all!

2 Likes