Sound got terms of use violation?

Hi! I recently added many CC0 songs to my game from open source sites and from toolbox. It seems 1 of them violated the terms of use although its CC0.

the song is from OpenGameArt website, from “mrpoly”, named as Menu Music. Am I doing something wrong?

4 Likes

Can we get the audio you uploaded?

It cannot be copyright reason.

2 Likes

Here’s the link of the audio Audio Link

2 Likes

thats the audio, you can search mrpoly at OpenGameArt website aswell, its same song, just mp3.

2 Likes

Sadly I cannot tell what is wrong with it.
@Focia19

So the only thing I found was disrupted audio at 0:30, but you would get warning and it would be written in description on place of (Removed for violations of Roblox Terms of Use)

Mentoined Focia19 because maybe he can help.

2 Likes

still waiting for a reason or appeal

1 Like

Hi @sinanxd2

Please send a ticket to our Roblox Support team explaining the situation and see if they can help you!

If they can’t, feel free to DM @Bug-Support including a bug report, if you think it could be an issue on our side!

Make sure to follow this guide!

Thank you!

2 Likes

I would look at these two bug reports that are open, Uploading Audios indiscriminately gets it removed instantly due to false 'IP Violations' - #10 by complexlint
and Roblox removing songs licensed under Creative Commons Attribution. Currently, what we’ve been told is you cannot appeal this either, because they “don’t have any current way to validate licenses” if it gets flagged by the system.

I personally think this is ridiculous because I’ve found many CC0 SFX, that should have no problem if it wasn’t for an unnecessary block, but it doesn’t seem like there will be a quick fix in the near future for this either.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion, but I already contacted the support and they said they will remove the false violation. Although Im still waiting (it been 4 days). But its not a big deal, i guess they are working slow or I can just remind them again.

1 Like

That’s odd… I’ve gotten the official word is support can’t remove it from staff. The one time I did try to email support, they first proceeded to tell me there was no moderation action on my account, but after pointing them the asset ID I already gave them and waiting a few days, they later told me the standard “After reviewing all the available evidence the consequence for this conduct will not be adjusted.”

I’m not sure how they gave you a response saying they’ll remove it, but still haven’t actually removed it, because as far as I know they don’t have that ability for copyright-flagged assets. That’s of course unless they changed this, I suppose, but these responses from staff were within the past weeks, who said a solution to this could take months or years (also ridiculous), so I have my doubts the policy changed in a few days. Something seems a bit off here.

1 Like

yep, the guy contacted me didn’t knew that he can’t remove the copyright… He thought he did, someone else responded as “we are working on an active solution” for the false copyrights. Which, like you said probably will take years or it is just a response. Which I think is second one. I’ll try bug-support too, after that well just won’t use the song.

1 Like