Sound script changes

I’ll be sure to run the tests on my win7 machine tomorrow, and I’ll temporarily switch to a public build of Win10 as well to test it.

Indeed it is. This might be the reason why, microsoft may have tinkered with an API or somesuch resulting in the behavior I described.

Managed to get another video of this issue, again using windows build 1903.1122. Notice how all the sounds are quiet/have a watered down effect, vs sounding normal when fully zoomed into the avatar:

I have the followup regarding this issue.

I updated my install of windows to Version 1903 build 19025.1051 (still a beta build), and the issue was fixed.
It seems that there may have been a regression in regards to the bug you mentioned in build 19013.1122, as the issue does not exist on 19025.1051.

I ran the tests on my win7 machine, and the issue did not occur on it. I asked a friend of mine who has a recent public (non-beta) build of win10 on their machine, and they were not experiencing the issues I was.

Thanks!
So it sounds like this is a Windows insider build issue that has been fixed and therefore does not need any further investigation.
Please let us know if you see this or similar problems on a shipping version of Windows.

1 Like

A nice change, but I have a question.

How will sounds that are not built in ( e.g music, gunfire etc.) be heard on the client. Because (I may have misunderstood) this new script listens to humanoid events and then plays the sounds.

Will custom sounds also have custom events, or will the server replicate these to the client as normal?

Amazing! :wink:
It is very useful, personally it bothers me that it would be in the head

I love it when I see and Hear about optimization…pun intended

This is an amazing update. I don’t focus much on sound when it comes to games, but other developers do. I think this will be very useful. Thank you!

I noticed that when using an R6 avatar, you can’t hear your footsteps until you jump or do any other action. I can’t upload a video of this bug, because i don’t have any screen recording software and Roblox video recorder saves files in .wmv, which cannot be uploaded here.

2 Likes

Please use Platform Feedback to file bugs and feature requests.