Sounds Not Playing

So I was testing my game, and earlier (a few hours ago) it worked perfectly, sounds playing and everything. Without updating, I joined again later (a few minutes ago) without any updates, and now the sounds won’t play. Not a single one. The default ROBLOX sounds work just fine though.

Some place stuff:
FilteringEnabled is on
The sounds are in a BindableEvent in an Accoutrement in a ScreenGUI in PlayerGui
I only need them to play locally.

EDIT: Just did some minor testing. NONE of my places have their local sounds playing.

EDIT 2: After a while, one of the local sounds I had started playing, but nothing else.

EDIT 3: I put a sound in workspace and played it from a server script, worked fine. So something is wrong with playing sounds locally.

2 Likes

Same here. I second this, I can’t be exact but I heard sounds play maybe once and then I can’t hear them again. Eventually I can’t hear anything. (gunshots, weapon swap sound, reloading sound, melee swing sound, others should be playing). I DON’T have FE enabled, and I’m in an online personal server. Please fix, music is half the game

I can confirm this is happening. It’s not filteringenabled specific. I have my sounds in Soundscape and the same thing is occurring for me so I don’t think it’s specific to PlayerGui too.

Have the same problem, idk for me some work and some don’t. Sounds that don’t play are ones parented to Parts, ones that do play are Parented to workspace, both have :Play() called from the server.

I’ve been sitting here for 3 hours trying to figure this out. My local music playing script I wrote doesn’t play the songs in solo, online, or start server/start player. My local waves script does, though. My waves are short sounds. Maybe the bug has to do with the length of them?

IsPlaying and IsPaused changes correctly when playing and stopping. Also, the usual 1-2 second lag spike for 2 minute songs for me isn’t happening for me during this bug, which means the song just fails to load. Not a volume bug. Something about their size…

1 Like

My last bump

http://developer.roblox.com/forum/updates/10316-some-changes-to-how-sounds-work-in-studio#111450

This has an effect on this?

Just noticed this on my game too. The last update was 3 days ago, and sounds worked perfectly yesterday. FilteringEnabled is off for me so it’s not related to that.

If this helps any , a friend of mine said he couldn’t hear his sword when I started playing music.

1 Like

[quote] http://developer.roblox.com/forum/updates/10316-some-changes-to-how-sounds-work-in-studio#111450

This has an effect on this? [/quote]

I’m 99% sure that isn’t enabled yet (the flag to enable it isn’t even in the ClientSettings yet).

But there were a couple of sound-related changes recently. Could be related?

Could you guys link to an example place where I can repro this? I think this is either related to a change to stream large audio files from disk (previously we loaded all sounds into memory), or a small change to how play and stop work when sounds are loading.

Thanks!

I think it’s fixed.
I’m hearing sounds again.

I can’t even hear the sound when a player dies.

1 Like

Idk if this covers all of the errors, but this is a simple reproduce of the a error

Sound can only play once, afterwards it fails to play for that client and Server.

Haven’t tested yet, but gonna try Preloading the sounds to see if it makes it so you Can’t hear it at all. I preload all the sounds in the reproduce place in my normal game, yet I don’t even hear them once.

Edit: Testing preloading the sounds, and I was correct, the Sounds don’t play at all if they were preloaded.

[quote] Could you guys link to an example place where I can repro this? I think this is either related to a change to stream large audio files from disk (previously we loaded all sounds into memory), or a small change to how play and stop work when sounds are loading.

Thanks! [/quote]

Sure! Here are a few:

Arendelle’s music is also broken, although I can hear the character’s sounds (walking, falling, dying, etc.). I too preload my sounds.

2 Likes

I think I know what is causing this, I’ll post here again once we turn off the change to make sure it fixes the problems

Same here

Same problem here. Some sounds play correctly at first but if I replay the sound it’ll be silent in most cases.

I’m having this issue on my end too. I’m not sure if it was just local scripts causing it, or just the client itself. I’ve tried testing from either server scripts and local scripts, but the sound still won’t play.

2 Likes