South America Servers

Question

Hello developers, all right? hope you are well. Well I come here through this topic question about something that was promised by roblox in RDC 21 about the new roblox servers. They said that the South America server would come in 2022. We are in 2023 and I have not seen anything revealing about these servers, I learned by rumor that a new roblox server arrived in India, and perhaps in Australia. I don’t believe this rumor because no official communication has come from roblox. I just need to know if anyone has any information about it. Moment when Daniel Sturman (Chief Technology Officer - ROBLOX ) talks about SA Servers. Click

45 Likes

This doesn’t affect me since I’m in north America, but I’ve seen latency on players and it’s a problem in some fast-paced games, especially racing games.

I also think this should be in #development-discussion, but I’m not sure.

4 Likes

I believe it’s in the right category because I’m not commenting on something about development, but something about the roblox platform.

2 Likes

This is definitely bothering me. Roblox keeps making promises and promises of changes yet no change happens and if it does, when it does it’s so late. And yes, building your own infrastructure is expensive but Roblox is Roblox, not some small company. They have more than what needed to do this and they 100% have the budget. Competitive games on South America are a no-go right now and that won’t change until we have more local servers.

The issue isn’t even having high ping, because other players on the same servers will usually also have the same range of ping as you, however, the moment a North American joins. The game is essentially over and they have a pretty huge advantage in-game.

Roblox networks to me at least seem bad. (Anything with no IPv6 support is bad to me. Period.)
For example, look at how little developers can actually do with remote events, there is no support at all for unreliable requests when a lot of things don’t need to be reliable, or only need to be for a short period of time. This limits what games and things people can actually make on the platform.

The south American market is HUGE. It’s one of the biggest markets for Roblox, yet it goes unnoticed by Roblox.

18 Likes

I thought they said in RDC 2022 that India has been added as a server location, speeding up the speed of people there?

4 Likes

Yes, I completely agree, and something that we noticed from a few years ago for today is that ROBLOX is growing A LOT, and increasingly improving its Game Engine, and something that has not been improved is precisely its Network, which often keeps falling, I know which is something difficult to solve when there are millions of users connected, but this is making roblox increasingly precarious, thus disappointing many people to play …

6 Likes

I believe it was added, I saw a post listing some roblox servers, and there was one from India in Mumbai. It said that the server was offline, but that they would activate it for use. Also this supposed server appears in the RoPro Extension.

4 Likes

The indian and australian servers were actually added. I’ve seen a couple in Deepwoken. Unfortunately for the South American community though, we didn’t get what was promised. I found funny how they spoke about Brazil’s growth in players in RDC 2022, yet didn’t say anything about the servers. It’s terrible to play competitive games such as the one I mentioned with 200+ ping.

14 Likes

I’m still waiting for this :exploding_head:.

Like 70 percent of my games players are from South America, and they experience the worst latency because it’s a soccer game and they are trying to kick a ball.

What happened?

9 Likes

Latency is still an issue. I am not happy with Roblox turning a blind eye to one of their biggest player bases. It makes it a nightmare for developers trying to reduce latency in games that require player - player interaction be quick.

Please add South American servers…

12 Likes

NEWS: During #RDC23 , our friend @Febatista personally asked CEO David Baszucki about Roblox’s BRAZILIAN SERVER! :brazil: :brazil: On that occasion, David revealed that he was talking about the subject with the Director of Technology, and told us to stay tuned!

Source: RTC em português

12 Likes

Still waiting… Im from chile and the ping is meh for shooters and competitive games, please man i just want to play at 40-60 ping…

12 Likes

What matters is that this will be real, but waiting is torture, I can’t stand playing with ping 160-200 (I’m from southeast Brazil)

3 Likes

I still think it’s absurd to put it on servers in Australia and Thailand first, from what I know, Brazil is the second country that plays Roblox the most, but in fact, the majority of people who play Roblox worldwide are from South America, not whether this is ignorance or if it’s ignorance

3 Likes

I am surprised you don’t know how governments work. The simple answer is that the Brazilian government is simply disallowing the servers unless a negotiation is made.

3 Likes

Where did you get that information? As far as I’m aware there is nothing restricting Roblox from locating data centers on Brazil. Companies such as Riot Games, Epic Games and Valve have servers over there, so it would be unlikely that the brazilian government is disallowing these servers.

7 Likes

Well, what’s left to do is wait until the “government” allows us to put a server in Brazil, if it were in any other South American country, I would be happy
I don’t think it’s a government thing, we’re not North Korea

7 Likes

It… finally happened!

1 Like

its annoying that i can barely find these servers. its so good though, us south america players can play with better ping

1 Like

Have in mind guys that this servers are very new, they may be testing them, they can come out at any moment now. I think at the time of me posting this message the servers are disabled to optimize them.