Space Simulator of the Solar System - feedback is needed

Hey everyone,

I’ve been working on a new space simulator game in my free time lately.
It is still in development, so there is not much gameplay yet — it’s more like a tech demo or showcase at this point.
I’d really love to get your thoughts on the movement mechanics and the overall environment.

Here is a link to the game

Thanks in advance for all feedback and suggestions :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

One more small clip from me :slight_smile:

Game looks good to be honest and you can make it better by:

UI

You should try to make your UI and hotbar more Science Fiction looking like UI thats looks to basic UI like 2016-2014 era. You can make it better by reading about UI desinging or researching about it.

Graphics and Build

For a space themed game space shuttles and their desings are important you should research about 3D modelling and make them better so more people can interested about your game and keep playing it however since those will be meshes your game will have longer load time which will cause players to wait too much.

GFX

You should hire a GFX desinger or make yourself by using blender or etc. to have better logo and thumbnails. Logo and Thumbail is important for game since it will be the first thing when players see your game and they will be thinking about joining it or not at the moment they saw your game so you should make good logo and thumbnails.

So if you improve those your game will be better and get more players.

2 Likes

You need a gameplay loop to retain players in your games.

Consider incorporating rewards, challenges, and anticipation through upgrades. Try to make each stage loop for high engagement.

2 Likes

Thanks
I added some upgrades.
Now I am adding some more planet effects:

I just played your game and I like the how organised and how well it’s built. I would suggest a few things:

• Allow players to choose between building their own rockets or use the ones that are provided at the start.
  • Add a fuel system to the rockets and a refilling station.
  • Allow players to change the rocket’s speed (More speed = more fuel is used and vice versa).
  • Remake the planets to be spherical with sea levels.
  • Terraforming system.
  • Add a Main Menu with the Settings (Labels, Trails, Names) and put a Settings button in one of the corners just in case the player needs to change settings.
  • Music/Theme changes when going through planets (I haven’t had enough time to go to different planets as I had to log off).
  • Add levels, upgrades and shops.
  • Add creatures and fight them.
  • Make different Space Events happen like planet collision or asteroid event and etc. This would include saving Humanity as well.

I put every good idea I could think of. I think Tension plays big role in space games because real life space is scary and has a lot of challenges and that’s what makes a Space Game scary and adventurous. It looks like this game has a lot of effort been put to and I think this game has a lot of potential. Also, is this inspired by the Solar System Exploration 2 game? I really want to know lol.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your review and detailed feedback

• the rocket speed can be changed (in space). the Orbiter (without any upgrades) has only 2 different speeds, but can be easily upgraded.
  • about the main menu and settings - the idea is good and I think I must implement it. May be some of the most important settings can still remain directly at the screen
  • Some planets have a different music, but not all
  • There are already some upgrades and 1 shop
  • The game is inspired by the Solar system itself not by particular game :upside_down_face:
    I found and played now the game for which you asked. It seems like a good game.
    But my game is rather different and does not strive to be so complex (yet :slight_smile: )

I’ll take into consideration your other suggestions

I wouldn’t change a thing … except, an option to turn off the music, entering an ambient noise mode.

1 Like

the game super cool :sunglasses: :smiley: :upside_down_face: :+1:

1 Like

Btw sorry because I played it late and I didn’t see every feature XD

1 Like

I added the Hubble Space Telescope in the game :slight_smile:
Here are 2 small videos

You could improve the model of space ships as space ships are hard to make but attract alot of players if its a better spaceship improved revamp design on models.

1 Like

I just changed it in the way you suggested :slight_smile: