Spacey | A new, soothing dark theme for Roblox Studio

Does this change everything or just the script editor?

1 Like

Only the script editor unfortunately.

1 Like

Sadly, I am liking for ways to customize other aspects and elements of studio too though.

2 Likes

Development of the Client will stop for an unspecified amount of time as Wine seems to have been blocked by Roblox Studio since the recent update

Interesting. I’ll still try to work around it and figure something out.

I’ve already created a custom theme patcher :slight_smile:

3 Likes

can I ask, why C#?

And the client isn’t really just theming, I’m adding modding capabilities to it (other than roblox studio mod manager). And, I never seen this on roblox devforums before? why didn’t you post it in community resources or something

Looking forward to what you put together! C# was what I was familiar with, although I’ve gotten better with C++ since then, might end up porting it to C++.

I’ll make a dedicated post eventually, was more just of a hobby project!

Why not? lol.
C# is a good language.

4 Likes

is there a way to remove the theme or not?

C# from my point of view is strange, tedious, and just annoying to look at. Was never really a fan of it compared to Haskell, C++, and C

It is indeed a good language though, The games and programs made with it are pretty cool.

1 Like

Have you tried just putting it in Light Mode and then Switch it back to Dark Mode? Pretty sure that’ll overwrite it

My ultimate goal is to actually use the ThemeManager:CreateTheme function directly to inject custom themes into the drop down, as right now you have to replace the dark or light theme, and I’d really like for people to just have able to choose a theme from a drop down.

2 Likes

yeah, I can see ways of that being pretty good.

Mind if I perhaps try and port your github repository (for the theme changer) to C++? Since I feel like I’m just making things more complicated than it needs to be :skull:

1 Like

Go for it!! Would love to see what you put together!

Alright, thanks!β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž

not yet wait i will try it one sec

i just put the color preset from the script editor back at default it worked to

Will there be a high contrast version of this? It’s a bit hard to immediately read code at a glance due to how the colors of the foreground being dark enough to blend in with background.

2 Likes

it has no pink on my screen it look kind of bad how to uninstall